Family of 6 - Are two rooms needed?

Stampnscrapct

I think you could look into getting a suite, but if i were you I'd just get two adjoining staterooms with a door inbetween so that you'll have more room. If you speak with a travel agent or your cruise line directly, they can point you in the right direction. :) Good luck!

Royal Caribbean has suites that sleep up to 8; called "Royal Family Suites." Pricey, but looks awesome. If you're on a budget, I would suggest the same as FamilyCruising07 - get adjoining cabins.

Also, some NCL ships have Garden Villas that sleep 7. Again, very pricey, but some awesome perks!

I prefer booking connecting cabins with a large group. There are two tvs, two bathrooms- opportunities for sex with your spouse- and the late sleepers can be in one room and the early risers in another. Those that want cartoons can be in one room and those wanting to watch CNN in another. I did a suite on Norwegian Majesty and it was fine but he closet space was still lacking for four and it cost more in the long run.

I did two connecting balcony staterooms on Norwegian Spirit and it was like heaven!

Since it is usually cheaper to go the connecting cabin route and you have the two bathrooms- it is really a no brainer.

I think RCCL has a "family ocean view" cabin on the Voyager class. They hold 6. The freedom class also has some interior rooms that hold 6 I believe.

We are a family of 8 and we did 2 connecting rooms. Having 2 bathrooms was really nice. It would have taken a lot longer to get ready for dinner every night with 1 shower. :eek: Also, having 2 TVs helped cut back on the "what to watch" wars. Not that there was much time for TV watching.

Mary

Royal Caribbean has suites that sleep up to 8; called "Royal Family Suites." Pricey, but looks awesome. If you're on a budget, I would suggest the same as FamilyCruising07 - get adjoining cabins.

Also, some NCL ships have Garden Villas that sleep 7. Again, very pricey, but some awesome perks!

Roughly how much are the Royal Family Suites during the April caribbean cruising season (Freedom Class)?:)

Roughly how much are the Royal Family Suites during the April caribbean cruising season (Freedom Class)?:)

I would love to find out but they don't allow you to book those online. The highest I can price out without calling is a Grand Suite for April 08 and it's running about $6,000 - $7,000 for FOUR people, not 6.

That is on Freedom of the Seas for April 08.

It says to call for the Royal Family SUite but it looks like it's taken.

I did some comparison shopping yesterday and checked RCCL and Disney for cruises in February and August. We're actually planning for '09 but wanted to see what the prices were for '08.

Prices for the two adjoining rooms are for triples.

Mariner of The Seas

7 Night Eastern

Feb 17, 08 Aug 14’08

Family Oceanview Stateroom (sleeps 6) – 328sf $7628.44........ 7942.76

Two adjoining Oceanview (cat I)...... $5614.44........ 6693.43

Enchantment of the Seas

4-Night

Feb 14, 08 Aug 14’08

Family Oceanview Stateroom (sleeps 6) – 328sf $3569.36........ 3451.44

Two adjoining Oceanview (cat I) $3629.36 3511.44

Disney Cruise Line

7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Category 9 – Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

. Feb 16 ’08..... August ’08 (Mexican Riviera)

Two adjoining rooms............ $9,255.72... $11,668.98

Suite... $17,231.86

Stampnscrapct:

I will let you in on a little secret I learned from my online CC buds:

On the Enchantment, Family OV 8012 (there's only 1 FOV) is a great deal especially because I have been told it has -- ready for this -- two bathrooms!

You might do a search for this on CC; I know the person who confirmed it said it was listed as 1 bathroom online, on the phone with RC -- even a guest relations person on the SHIP didn't believe it until they actually walked into the room.

We priced the FOV out for a 5-night trip for the 6 of us and it was cheaper than two triples for us as well. Still hoping to take that cruise someday, but I'm focusing my energies and pennies on the Mariner in LA (no flying involved; DH is very happy).

Hope this helps you or someone else with 4 kids. Cruising/spending for that many, we all have to stick together, ya know!;)

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

• 4 weeks later...
I think RCCL has a "family ocean view" cabin on the Voyager class. They hold 6. The freedom class also has some interior rooms that hold 6 I believe.

We are a family of 8 and we did 2 connecting rooms. Having 2 bathrooms was really nice. It would have taken a lot longer to get ready for dinner every night with 1 shower. :eek: Also, having 2 TVs helped cut back on the "what to watch" wars. Not that there was much time for TV watching.

Mary

Hello, I see that you have sailed the new Freedom. I was checking into that ship for a carribbean cruise once it hits the states. By any chance, do you know if any of the rooms connect or holds a family of 5. I am doing research for my kids (ages by cruise time will be ds 14, ds 13 and dd 11).

i have been in a royal family suite with just 4 people (my parents upgraded at the pier) and my younger brother and i shared a small bedroom (like an inside cabin) with two beds and two bunks. my paretns had a large master bedroom. the masterbedroom had a bath with a tub and my brother and i shared a normal bathroom. we also have alot of closet space. there was also a huge living room (with a sofa bed) and a tv. we had a HUGE balcony and the room was very nice. it was all the way at the back of the ship which could be an inconvienence at times but it was still really nice. if you are on a budget you can go with two connecting rooms. we have had connecting balconies...which were good now that we are older and connecting rooms. all were nice and you could easily put all of the kids in a room and the parents in another or whatever.

Get two connecting rooms but book way in advance as these are not easy to come by. Our kids (18,17,17,12) are old enough that we get them a room across the hall (inside) and save some money that way.

Archived