Town car servicxe in Seattle

sugcarol

I did a 2 day pre-cruise stay in Seattle on May 25-26th and used Already There Town Cars service for all our transportation. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They are friendly, professional and right on time. Cars extremely comfortable. If I can answer any other questions contact me at catlade54@aol.com.

I just got back from our HAL cruise last week. I did ALOT of research for car services in Seattle as I wanted to be 1st class for mom. I booked Already There based on a) what many people here said and b) their price couldn't be beat for the same service as others.

We arrived in SEA and went up the escalator to baggage claim, there was no driver in sight with a sign. After several minutes looking around (no real worry as bags hadn't arrived either) I called and was told the driver was running late but was parking and should be there "any minute". After a few minutes I did spot a man nervously holding a FAINTLY hand printed sign. It was our driver. He was very nice and helped with bags to the very nice town car. Rough strart but getting better. I didn't know EXACTLY where our hotel, Fairmont Olympic, was but I had been to Seattle several times and knew when we passed downtown we weren't headed in the right direction. I gave him the benefit of the doubt hoping for a shortcut. No such luck. He was using GPS and had no idea where the hotel was!:eek: After I took over from GPS and got him in the area of the hotel he dropped us and our bags off AT THE SIDE OF THE HOTEL!!! NOT GOOD!!! Mom had to go inside to retrieve a shocked bellhop.

When we arrived in port I got a call from Already There asking if 10am was still good for us. I said yes and we would disembark aroud 9:30am. Ship arrived at 7am so I knew most were already off. She was incredulous about uswaiting in a long line. I said I'd call when we were off. I did and it still took 20 minutes for the car to arrive after we were off. At least he knew how to get the airport quickly and was a great driver.

Just beware, it really is the driver and not the company sometimes. Would I book them again? Maybe....but probably not.

We used Already There in September. I called around and spoke to several companies before booking with them. We had 4 people and all the luggage. We were assured by Already There that all would fit in one town car. We were packed in like sardines! The driver even had to take out the wheel cover and it sat in my sister-in-law's lap!

When I booked I told them that I would be paying by credit card. The driver took the charge but, tried to talk me into cash. The trip to the ship was nice with the driver pointing out sights and telling about Seattle.

When we got off ship we called and waited about 20 minutes for them to arrive. Same space problems going back - different driver. When we got the the airport I handed him my credit card. He did not even have a credit card machine and insisted on cash. I told him no and after much discussion he called in the card to his office. He was not happy about it.

I will not use them again.

http://www.ngtowncar.com/

These are the people we used last week: 3 couples on 3 different days, no problems. They do not take credit cards. The cars were very nice town cars with leather upholstery, large trunk and air conditioned. Make a reservation from home, then call when you're in baggage claim and 2 minutes later they're out front waiting.

The charge from SeaTac airport to downtown Seattle was $30 plus tip.

Deb

Your info on the car services has helped me, so I too thank each of you for your posting. One question if we go in a day early and get one of the cars to a downtown motel, how close are we to the cruise terminal? Do we just get a taxi the next morning to go out to the ship? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks bobbie

Hi, I just returned from a May 25th cruise on Royal Carribean's Vision of the Seas and I used AirportDirectShuttle.com and they were great. We had the fun time of arriving at Seattle Airport in time for a security lockdown and had to wait to get our luggage. The lockdown also slowed down our driver (but not by much). Our driver, Nicholas, arrived very shortly after we had our bags and took us to our hotel (the Georgetown Inn). The company offered a cruise package with transport from the airport to hotel, hotel to cruise, cruise to airport with a very reasonable price. They were terrific about telling us about the area and sights to see, they arrived when we called them and were all around reliable transportation. When we disembarked the ship on the 1st, we were really suprised to find Nicholas waiting for us right where he told us to go -- I hadn't even called the office yet. Talk about service!

Hope you have as much luck with your transportation needs and have a wonderful cruise.

Your info on the car services has helped me, so I too thank each of you for your posting. One question if we go in a day early and get one of the cars to a downtown motel, how close are we to the cruise terminal? Do we just get a taxi the next morning to go out to the ship? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks bobbie

We did take a cab from downtown. I had planned this anyway but when got to Seattle I realized we had a FREE transfer from the hotel to the ship from HAL. The problem was they weren't leaving until noon and there were TWO games at 1pm at the stadiums near the pier. Since I wanted to board as soon as possible I opted for an $11.00 cab ride at 10am and was onboard by 11:15am. The folks on the bus didn't get there until 2pm-3pm!

Hi, I just returned from a May 25th cruise on Royal Carribean's Vision of the Seas and I used AirportDirectShuttle.com and they were great. We had the fun time of arriving at Seattle Airport in time for a security lockdown and had to wait to get our luggage. The lockdown also slowed down our driver (but not by much). Our driver, Nicholas, arrived very shortly after we had our bags and took us to our hotel (the Georgetown Inn). The company offered a cruise package with transport from the airport to hotel, hotel to cruise, cruise to airport with a very reasonable price. They were terrific about telling us about the area and sights to see, they arrived when we called them and were all around reliable transportation. When we disembarked the ship on the 1st, we were really suprised to find Nicholas waiting for us right where he told us to go -- I hadn't even called the office yet. Talk about service!

Hope you have as much luck with your transportation needs and have a wonderful cruise.

Sounds GREAT! If I ever need it again I plan on checking them out! Thanks. BTW, what was the price for the cruise package?

Archived