Guarantee Balcony?

Does RCI offer Garuntee Balcony cabin category? (specifically on Mariner of the Seas)

Thanks,

MC.

Occasionally they do. Usually closer to the sailing date when they are trying to fill the ship. Keep a close eye on the RCCL web site.

But not for regular bookings?

You can always call and ask if a guarantee is available. What I'm saying is they usually advertise the guarantee staterooms after the final payment date which is 70 days prior to sailing date. Yes, they are regular bookings.

Ohhh, okay, so it's a hit or miss kind of deal?

We're trying for January 6, 2008 sailing on Mariner. Not particularly wanting to book late, however it may be worth trying for a balcony garuntee.

Any obstructed balconies?

Ohhh, okay, so it's a hit or miss kind of deal?

We're trying for January 6, 2008 sailing on Mariner. Not particularly wanting to book late, however it may be worth trying for a balcony garuntee.

Any obstructed balconies?

Voyager Class ships have no obstructed balconies. Mariner is a beautiful ship. One of Royal's best.

The only obstructed views on Voyager class are some of the aft cabins. But those usually sell out fast anyway. Our last cruise we booked a guarantee, but they didn't become available until after final payment when the ship didn't sell out. But our guarantee worked out great. We were upgraded to a JS. Have fun and good luck with the guarantee. If you book, and a guarantee becomes available after you book, you can always switch. That is what we did.

She is beautiful indeed! Always wanted to sail her. Would be the first Voyager-class sailing.

So, a rough estimate, to try for the GTY balcony category, Do you think they would offer it to me if we were to book in the early fall?

The only obstructed views on Voyager class are some of the aft cabins. But those usually sell out fast anyway. Our last cruise we booked a guarantee, but they didn't become available until after final payment when the ship didn't sell out. But our guarantee worked out great. We were upgraded to a JS. Have fun and good luck with the guarantee. If you book, and a guarantee becomes available after you book, you can always switch. That is what we did.

That's true. The aft balconies on Vision and Radiance Class have no obstructions like some of the Voyager Class aft balconies.

She is beautiful indeed! Always wanted to sail her. Would be the first Voyager-class sailing.

So, a rough estimate, to try for the GTY balcony category, Do you think they would offer it to me if we were to book in the early fall?

It never hurts to ask. But the odds are the guarantees will show up after the final payment date (70 days before sailing date).

so, the best way is to say, book E1 or D1, then when it gets closer to the sailing, ask if there is GTY category available, and to switch to that instead?

does the cost remain the same? Typically GTY is cheaper than assigned cabins, isn't it?

so, the best way is to say, book E1 or D1, then when it gets closer to the sailing, ask if there is GTY category available, and to switch to that instead?

does the cost remain the same? Typically GTY is cheaper than assigned cabins, isn't it?

I've never heard of someone switching from an assigned stateroom to a guarantee. Not saying it can't be done. Just never have heard of it before. Sometimes the guarantees are cheaper than an assigned stateroom and sometimes they are not. I will say that Royal is very stingy when it comes to giving out upgrades so if your main reason for booking a guarantee is that you're hoping for an upgrade don't hold your breath. We've never gotten one.

haha, alright. It probably would be one of the main reasons.

But then again, having the security of knowing your cabin already is good too;)

Thank you for your help!

Your welcome and good luck.

There is no hard and fast rule. GTYs come and go depending on how well the sailing is selling. Sometimes they come early, sometimes late. On our recent med sailing on Legend, gty cabins appeared just a few weeks from sailing. We rebooked twice into GTYs and got price reductions.

I've never heard of someone switching from an assigned stateroom to a guarantee. Not saying it can't be done. Just never have heard of it before. Sometimes the guarantees are cheaper than an assigned stateroom and sometimes they are not. I will say that Royal is very stingy when it comes to giving out upgrades so if your main reason for booking a guarantee is that you're hoping for an upgrade don't hold your breath. We've never gotten one.

I've done this several times, and it's always worked out well for me. On my last sailing I did it twice and got a better cabin both times! :) Someone else got REALLY lucky and got upgraded from an inside GTY to an OV. No such luck for me, but I saved hundreds so I'm not complaining!

On our recent cruise someone on our thread booked an E-1, changed to a suite gty when the price was LESS than his originally booked E-1 and ended up in a GS. I know this isn't the norm but it does happen! If I hadn't booked a balcony with a promenade directly across due to sailing with family I would have jumped on that bandwagon.:)

..I hasten to add that other people on the same sailing I mentioned above switched from high-deck assigned insides to a GTY and got reassigned to low-deck insides, so this strategy does not always result in a better room. In my case, we were already in the lowest category room on the lowest deck, so it was hard to do worse. :)

Archived