Any Midnight Buffets?

Hi All,

It seems that the old midnight buffets are a thing of the past. On my last two cruises (on the Disney Wonder 3 night & Magic 7 night), there was one midnight buffet that was a dessert buffet.

Have the days of the big fabulous midnight buffets disappeared? Or are they on any of the ships still? I'm on the 9 night VOS 9/10 sailing and was hoping that maybe one night they would put out a nice, beautiful buffet display.:confused:

On the Disney ships what they called their "midnight snacks" was quite a joke!

debbie

:eek:

We were just on the Voyager in June - the 5-night to Canada cruise - and we had one of those huge, fancy, take picutres beforehand, midnight buffets.

When we were on the Enchantment for a 7-night cruise, there were 2 buffets - one Gala Buffet, and one chocolate buffet! :D

Hope this helps.

Sorry to say this but the times of midnight buffet´s are over I think. Although my expierience with RCCL was that I had a midnight Gala bufet on every cruise and there is the midnight chocolate buffet too. Most of the other nights they just have the midnight snacks they bring around in the bars and lounges.

Having said this I must say I can understand the decision not to have a full buffet every night, as I think it´s a really waste of food. Not too many people attended the daily buffets in the past (just what I saw).

We had 2 on the Serenade last week- Chocolate on first formal night and Gala on 2nd formal night. Someone made an incredible chocolate Statue of Liberty! Very cool...

I hope they don't totally do away with them. I understand not having one every night, but part of the cruise experience is the gala buffet, and I wish they'd add the chocolate buffet to the 5 night cruises. Cost shouldn't be the factor since the per day cost of the cruise is the same or more Than 7 nights. We'd like to experience that buffet as well RCCL!!!!

Archived