May 25 Summit NB

susanema

A quick review:

We had a wonderful time on the Summit!

The food was above my expectations. We had previously cruised on the Norwegian and the late, not so lamented Premier lines, so this was a big upgrade for us. I especially liked the Coq Au Vin and the chocolate pasteries in the Milano Cafe. We had room service breakfast each morning and it was always tasty. The tea snacks in the Waterfall Cafe in the afternoon

and the salmon in the Aqua Spa Cafe also impressed. Our evening at the Normandie was memorable and well worth the price.

We had wonderful table mates. Hi Lowell and Michelle!

We only had to tender into Icy Strait. We went over late and didn't stay long. That was more of a relaxing day.

I would recommend that everyone take the Coastal helicopter/dog sled excursion in Juneau. It was awesome! Orca whale watching was great and the Island Wings float plane ride at Misty Fjords was beautiful.

Our cabin was 9125. It had an overhang, but that came in handy on rainy days. There was noise from the Waterfall Cafe upstairs, but you get used to it. Just a rumbling sound, like carts being pushed around.

We were on this cruise as well and had a great time! We also did the sled dog camp in Juneau and it was incredible. We also did the boat and floatplane trip in Ketchikan and the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari in Skagway. Both awesome as well!

Thanks for your review of the Summit to Alaska. I will travel on the Summit July 20 to Alaska with a group of 16 other folk. We are all so very excited and thrilled to hear great things. Some of the people in our group are "virgin" cruisers. I can't wait to see their reactions !!

:D

The formal nights were the first at sea day (Saturday) and the Icy Strait port day (Wednesday) which is lobster and baked Alaska night. We did the Normandie on Ketchikan day since we had early shore excursions.

As far as breakfast room service, our menu had a full range of items to choose from. We were CC class and I have read where the other menus may be different. There were pancakes offered and all kinds of breads, muffins, danish, etc. Also eggs, meats and (for all you other Southerners) grits! However, I don't think waffles were on the list. I didn't matter to us because we have a Waring waffle maker that I believe is the same type they use on the ship.

Have a great time!

Archived