Bringing your own bottle on board ????

cruiserstyle

We are taking a Princess cruise coming up here soon. I was not aware of bringing or not bringing your own bottle on board. Is this allowed ? Am not sure it would make it past security. IF a person buys the booze on ship in the shops, can this be taken to your room or do they hold it until you disembark ? What if a person buys booze in port, is it held at security on ship as well until you disembark ? I sure sound like a party animal, but we are just celebrating a special occassion and just wonder what I can and can't get away with, and save a few dollars. Thanks ahead of time for your help. ( I am of age, many times over !) so not to worry !!!!!

We are taking a Princess cruise coming up here soon. I was not aware of bringing or not bringing your own bottle on board. Is this allowed ? A lot of passengers do, but there is a chance it will be held until the last night onboard by the cruise line. It is actually against Princess rules, but many get away with it.Am not sure it would make it past security. IF a person buys the booze on ship in the shops, can this be taken to your room or do they hold it until you disembark ? You can not purchase any liquor in the ships shops and take it back to your cabin, although you can order small quantities from room service (they are listed in the Princess gift section as to brands and types)these are 375 ML bottles and come with mixers. What if a person buys booze in port, is it held at security on ship as well until you disembark ? This depends. We have seen it held from some, but personally, we have always been able to take it back to our room when we board. Not sure if this has to do with ages or quantities that others purchase. If we purchase anything, it is just a bottle or two and put in in our bag, run it through security and have never had a problem with tme taking it away.I sure sound like a party animal, but we are just celebrating a special occassion and just wonder what I can and can't get away with, and save a few dollars. Thanks ahead of time for your help. ( I am of age, many times over !) so not to worry !!!!!

We sailed on the Crown from San Juan on April 28. There is a liquor store on the dock, just before you board. We were allowed to take Wine, Champagne, bottled water or pop on board with our carry-on bags for use in our cabin. We were told that hard liquor and beer were not allowed.

Archived