I am confused, please help!

craftsrdkc

I have been reading with great interest the information provided on the message board of cruise critic, particularly that of Cozumel. First and foremost, thank you all for your information. However, you have also managed to confuse me as to what to do. My husband and I are going on our fourth Princess cruise next March, spring-break, and for the first time, taking our daughters, aged 7 and 8. I am asking for you all to give it to me straight - what should be pick - Paradise Beach or Chank. Park. I downloaded many pages about the park, but found no websites dedicated to Paradise Beach. My daughters do not snorkel, and we would strickly swim. (Our snorkelling will come in Princess Cays) I thought the gardens would be interesting but now think that the girls would find this too tiring. Also was told we could walk from the pier, but maybe we should take a cab? If we eat in Cozumel, do we need to worry about getting sick from food and/or drink? Look forward to all of your "prof. advice".

THANKS!!:cool:

I am asking for you all to give it to me straight - what should be pick - Paradise Beach or Chank. Park. I downloaded many pages about the park, but found no websites dedicated to Paradise Beach. My daughters do not snorkel, and we would strickly swim. (Our snorkelling will come in Princess Cays) I thought the gardens would be interesting but now think that the girls would find this too tiring. Also was told we could walk from the pier, but maybe we should take a cab? If we eat in Cozumel, do we need to worry about getting sick from food and/or drink? Look forward to all of your "prof. advice".

THANKS!!:cool:

I can tell you that we had a good time at Chankanaab part in March. My kids 13 & 9 really enjoyed the dolphin swim:

11.jpg Your girls might enjoy the encounter where the get to touch and pet the dolphins and don't have to swim. I have more photos of the dolphin swim in this gallery I also have a photo gallery from Cozumel which has photos from the park on the second page. If you do choose Chankanaab, take a taxi from the pier, it is too far to walk in the heat, especially with little kids. Food at the park was good, no need to worry about getting sick. Just stick with the bottled water.

I think you will be missing out if you don't snorkel in Coz and only do it at Princess Cays. The snorkeling in Coz is world class while the snorkeling at Princess Cays is less than mediocre. Hardly any fish and no coral at PC. Lots of fish and pretty coral in Coz.

Check out my gallery of Cozumel Underwater photos to see what you will miss if you only snorkel at Princess Cays.

I can't tell you which one to go to since I have never been to Chank. Park. A little more info on PB....To go to PB, I would definitely take a cab - only about $14 for 4 people. The food and drinks there are very safe there. The website for PB is www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net. Note: for all of the beach toys, after oct 1st, there will be a $5 charge per person (still a great deal!!) - this excludes the beach chairs and umbrellas which are still free!!! hope this helps!

Thanks bruce-r and clemsoncruiser for your advice. I cannot believe how many people are on this website. It is great! The reason I am writing this is because on the Princess cruise we will be going on the ships' charges for an excursion for 4 to Chank. Park will be $194.00 for 3 hours. After reading all the information on this site about doing Cozumel on your own I thought for sure we could save money and spend more time there. I will definitely try to find out if we can snorkel in Cozumel, but here is my question regarding that - can I get better snorkelling at PB or do I have to go elsewhere? With the 2 girls being so young and never snorkelled, I do not think that would be an option for them. However, if we can get enjoyment from snorkelling at PB (better that at Princess Cays) maybe we would try to make arrangements to snorkel there, even with the kids. If we cannot, my sister and brother-in-law are travelling with us and they could watch the girls back on the ship and we could take an excursion for the afternoon. What do you recommend :rolleyes: ?

I really enjoy Paradise Beach. Although the snorkling isn't super, you always see things especially further out. And the food is fantastic...they make veggie quesadillas special for me...grilled onion and peppers inside with salsa. YUM

My neighbor is the manager out at Chankanaab. I just went to ask him his input on doing the trip without the excursion route but he wasn't home.

... on the Princess cruise we will be going on the ships' charges for an excursion for 4 to Chank. Park will be $194.00 for 3 hours.

WOW! That is high! Figure it this way:

$12 total cab ride for the four of you to Chankanaab.

$24 for two adults ($12pp) entry fee.

$12 for two children ($6pp) entry fee.

$12 cab ride return to ship.

That's only $60. Can't imagine why the ship's excursion would be $134 MORE.:eek: Also - if you go on your own, you can stay as long as you like. I usually spend around 4 hours at Chank.

With the 2 girls being so young and never snorkeled........

As much as I enjoyed the snorkeling at Chankanaab, and would never discourage anyone from going (it's beautiful!).....I feel I need to say that since your girls are so young, it might not be the best place for them to learn to snorkel. Although there is a really nice, shallow lagoon at Chank, the real snorkeling is off the craggy shore - where the 'big' sand beach is located....just past the lagoon.

There are some slippery steps that lead down to the water (they do have a handrail). It's quite deep there, even at the bottom of the steps in the water. I'm just telling you this so you won't think it's something that you wade out to do.

Of course, kids are not usually equipped with the built-in FEAR factor, and your girls could be the type to just jump in and go for it? (To make you feel better....there is a lifeguard station right at that point on the beach.)

I don't know if I have helped or hindered....but I hope y'all enjoy wherever you decide to go!:)

Cotton,

Thanks a lot, you really helped. I am loving the information everyone is providing on this site. I am so excited about doing Cozumel on my own, I am even considering doing both Chank. park and PB, as I have read it is do-able. Again, thank you for your info. :)

I suggest you and your husband do a private snorkeling excursion and meet up with your children and family members at Paradise Beach. It is definitely doable! Snorkeling at Cozumel is wonderful! My husband and I did a snorkeling excursion with Eagle Ray Divers and highly recommend them!There is a guide in the water with you at all times and the boat moves along with you. Do a search and you will find many satisfied people with Eagle Ray. You can choose a 2 or 3 reef snorkel. We chose the 2 reef snorkel. Chellie(One of the owners)instructed the boat driver where to drop us after the excursion and told the guide to help us get a cab to Paradise Beach! Your children will love it! Swimming, kayaks, a trampoline and an iceberg to climb on! They can also snorkel just to get used to wearing the gear even if they don't see much! Beach chairs and unbrellas for you. Nice clean restroom facilities. Good food. We had a HUGE cheeseburger and fries($10)! We will definitely return!

http://

http://www.eagleraydivers.com/Diving.htm

Archived