Snorkel from beach or boat in Cozumel?

DEE9

Is it better to snorkel from the beach or from a boat? We will be in Cozumel June 14. We've only beach snorkeled once before. We want to see lots of fish and coral, but want to be safe, too. We are 40 to 60 years old and fairly good swimmers. We are in port for 8 hours, but want to shop some, too. Thanks for any advice.

Snorkeling from a boat is better, especially in Cozumel. For the best experience, you will not want to go with the ship's excursion. A smaller private operator will give you more personalize service and keep you away from the crowds of people that do go on the ship's excursions.

I think The "Mystic" Snorkeling Tour would be a good match for you.

You will have time to shop as there are quite a few stores at either location where ships dock.

You may want to take a cab to Dzul Ha.(10 min.) They have a food and drink bar, rest room (across the street) and tables, chairs and rental equip. Its an area where many of the snokle boats go. Be careful, one literally bumped into me while I was snokling and scared the bejeebers out of me. No charge to get in and great snokling. I have been there 3 times.

You may want to take a cab to Dzul Ha.(10 min.) They have a food and drink bar, rest room (across the street) and tables, chairs and rental equip. Its an area where many of the snokle boats go. Be careful, one literally bumped into me while I was snokling and scared the bejeebers out of me. No charge to get in and great snokling. I have been there 3 times.

when was the last time you were at Dzul ha?... if it was before the last hurricane , yes, snorkeling was good.. but i was there last year and it was poor at best.you would have to swim pretty far out....chankanaab is starting to come back but is not 'good' yet, just fair.. off shore is much better, the reefs are still great..

Archived