Any Info for Carnival Pride Weddings?

I am in the early stages of planning an October 2008 wedding on the Carnival Pride, (7 day Mexico cruise out of Long Beach, CA) and I've perused the boards looking for some info. Unfortunately, it looks like most brides get hitched in the Caribbean.

I know everyone is so helpful here, I was hoping someone could anyone offer some basic info for me such as flowers, location, times for a Pride wedding? We were looking to keep it local and cruise out of a port which everyone can get to without having additional airfare cost (as we actually live in Long Beach). We were hoping it would be more convenient in location and price so more of our families to join us. It's just been a mission to find any CC info for the Pride, other than reviews. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I have received pricing from Carnival, but I was hoping to get an insider perspective from some of you that have actually attended or put together a wedding on this particular ship.

Thanking you in advance!!:)

Hollie

• 10 months later...

I am also getting married on the Pride in October! October 12, 2008 to be exact. I have been looking for more information too. I know I will be bringing silk flowers and a cake topper. We are going to keep it small and only have 20 guests total. I am so excited! When in October are you getting married? We will be coming in the Friday prior, from Phoenix, to get our license. Have you found out any other information or good/bad reviews on the Pride?? Thanks and Congrats!

Hi Trachic,

Congrats to you! After doing some research, and figuring out what we really wanted, we decided on getting married aboard the Carnival Splendor on October 25, 2009. We figured it might be more enticing to our guests to sail on the newer Carnival ship, since we know a lot of our friends and family have taken this cruise before.

I really couldn't find that much info in regards to people getting married on this particular ship, but I have sailed on this ship before. It's older, but still very nice.

Good Luck!:D

Hollie

Archived