Wording wedding invite?

Jen and Jared are getting married...in Alaska...on a boat!

Upon our return we will have a casual reception.

We went on to explain where and when and what for the reception.

Ours is very non-traditional; moonwalks, pool, grill, but this is perfect for us! Only immed. family is joining us on the cruise. I did struggle with the wording so I wish you the best of luck!

P.S. I know it's a ship, not a boat but boat sounded better!

Ours might be a little different because we're basically going solo. We're only cruising with my fiance's nephew and his wife. Our invite was an announcement/reception invitation. Everyone who might have wanted to cruise with us (and is getting an invitation!!! :) ) was asked by word of mouth and declined, so we sort of combined everything into one!

Bride and Groom will be joining hearts in marriage on January 2 on the beaches of Foul Bay, Barbados. Please join us in a celebration of our marriage at a dinner/dance reception..and on with the reception location, time, etc...

I kind of stole my idea from another invite that i saw... but i like it...

Sara

&

Andrew

request the honor of your presence

as they set sail on life’s greatest voyage

and exchange vows aboard the

Royal Caribbean “Liberty of the Seas”

the date

the time

Miami, FL

I am using www.messageinabottle.com for my invitations. The minimum order is 12 bottles. I am using the bottle with the palm trees on it. My wording will read "Friends Forever we will be, whether walking on the beach or sailing on the sea, please be our guests as we: Kimberly Mastykarz & Charles King request the honour of your presence at our marriage Tuesday the 11th of September, two thousand and seven at nine thirty in the morning on the sands of Batt's Rock Beach, St. James, Barbados. Reception brunch following ceremony at the Palm Terrace Restaurant located on the grounds of the Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel." Or something to that effect. :D

I love the message in a bottle idea! however it is a little bit pricy for me considering we are inviting 130 people :o) i have to stick with the reg. invties... I was wondering how you guys are handling getting the info from guests as far as like non sialing guests where you need the nationality/DL numbers/ dob? Are you putting a letter in the invite?

Hi,

I found a great deal on an invitation set at Michael's, and printed out my own invitations. Below is the wording I used. As for the information from the non-sailing guests, I came up with an "Important Information About x and y's Wedding" sheet, and mailed it along with the invitation. If you would like to see a copy of it, just let me know your email address, and I will be happy to share.

Friends forever we will be

Whether walking on the beach

Or sailing on the sea….

It’s a shore thing...We’re getting married!

x

and

y

Invite you to join us for our pre-cruise wedding

Friday, , 2007

At 10:30 am

Aboard Royal Caribbean’s

Sovereign of the Seas

Departing Port Canaveral, Florida

On a three-day cruise to

The Bahamas

Cake and champagne to immediately follow

Reception in x planned for a later date

(RSVP and Additional information enclosed)

Hi,

.. I came up with an "Important Information About x and y's Wedding" sheet, and mailed it along with the invitation. If you would like to see a copy of it, just let me know your email address, and I will be happy to share.

I'd like a copy of your wedding sheet.

on the rim AT hotmail dot com

thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Heres ours.

Prinycesa07.... I know this post is old, so I really hope you see this. But I love, Love, LOVE your invites. We are doing red as well. Please tell me where you got them or if you made them. If so how.

Thanks so much!!!

here's how we worded it. . .

It’s a shore thing. . .we’re getting married!

Michelle

&

Phillip

look forward to sharing with you

Saturday, the fifth of April, Two thousand and eight

aboard the Emerald Princess.

the sun, the sea, and the

memories of their wedding ceremony.

Dinner celebration held on the third of May

Six o’clock in the evening

Lakeland Clubhouse

Archived