cabin question

HighSeaslover

We booked a inside guantee on the Triumph. We found out the that our cabin is 2205 whick is way up in the bow of the ship... Has anyone else had a cabin up here and was there any problems. We don't spend much time in the cabin therefore really don't care about the deck, but was wondering about the noise in the bow.

Hi,

I do not really care for the bow.I had the 2nd room from the front I think and there was more motion and a noise created by the bow hitting the seas in front.Every 30 seconds or so there would be a thunder noise. Another issue is at every port they drop anchor and you could really here it.

Steve

I haven't been on the Triumph (looks like Steveaaa hasn't either), so I can only give you my experience on the Holiday about forward cabins.

Last cruise, I was in M6, porthole cabin third from the front...LOVED it! I heard NO hallway noise, NO outside noise, other than when docking at a port (briefly, a 3-second 'clang' when the anchor was dropped), and other than that, it was a wonderful location...very quiet.

As for motion, I've had cabins all over different ships, and I felt no more motion in the far-forward cabin than I did in any other cabin.

Hope that puts your mind at ease.

We had a similar cabin on Legend, except it was an oceanview, very front of ship, 2nd cabin in. Like Cotton, I feel this was truly one of the best locations I've ever been in!! We loved it! We did hear some waves crashing, etc..., but loved it. I didn't hear any anchor noise though, or any other noise for that matter. Have fun!

My first cruise was in the front, my second was in the middle. I was soooo disappointed in the middle. I love the motion that I had in the front!

Rocks you to sleep like a baby.

If you don't get to experience this motion at night, you will miss out on something you never can experience.

Heck, we were trying to invent some way to make a water bed create this motion after we got back.

Phin, you're gonna love that location! My friend had M8 across the hall from me, and she said she felt no motion whatsoever, and she's prone to motion sickness. Trying to think back...I don't recall hearing any waves crashing, either.

Archived