Leaning Tower of Pisa Ticket - Keep checking!

For those of you looking to pre-reserve tickets to the leaning tower of Pisa I wanted ot share my recent experience.

The pre-reserved timed tickets for the tower are available for sale 15-45 days early, 10 available for each 20 minute time slot.

As with many cruise passengers, we needed tickets for a particular tour time so, I dilgently marked my calendar for the first moment when tickets would be available to give us the best chance for our party of 7. At the crack of dawn on that morning I went on-line to order the tickets.

During the processing, there was a problem with my credit card (credit card company thought the foreign transaction was fraud) and the sale portion of the transaction failed, thus my order failed. I was disappointed to realize that the Leaning Tower website did not clear my failed attempt for tickets and make those 7 tickets available for sale thus only 3 remaining tickets were available.

After several emails to any address I could find, call to Italy, and month of re-checking, we lost hope of getting the tickets - they still showed only 3 available. Today, the failed transactions in the system were cleared and I was able to buy the tickets! We will be climbing the tower afterall!

Moral of the story - if you look on the Leaning Tower of Pisa website and do not see tickets available for your time, keep checking!

For those of you looking to pre-reserve tickets to the leaning tower of Pisa I wanted ot share my recent experience.

The pre-reserved timed tickets for the tower are available for sale 15-45 days early, 10 available for each 20 minute time slot.

As with many cruise passengers, we needed tickets for a particular tour time so, I dilgently marked my calendar for the first moment when tickets would be available to give us the best chance for our party of 7. At the crack of dawn on that morning I went on-line to order the tickets.

During the processing, there was a problem with my credit card (credit card company thought the foreign transaction was fraud) and the sale portion of the transaction failed, thus my order failed. I was disappointed to realize that the Leaning Tower website did not clear my failed attempt for tickets and make those 7 tickets available for sale thus only 3 remaining tickets were available.

After several emails to any address I could find, call to Italy, and month of re-checking, we lost hope of getting the tickets - they still showed only 3 available. Today, the failed transactions in the system were cleared and I was able to buy the tickets! We will be climbing the tower afterall!

Moral of the story - if you look on the Leaning Tower of Pisa website and do not see tickets available for your time, keep checking!

My computer crashed the first time, but I got the tickets the second time (I had called my credit card the day before, so they expected the transaction). I also noticed that the web site indicated that I had bought double (by deducting the the first try even though it never went through). I also e-mailed to tell them it should only be one tranasction (for 3 tickets). They never e-mailed me back but I guess eventually fixed. I thought 20 could climb, so perhaps they pre-book 10 and hold 10 for that day?

Archived