Military rates...I normally don't start threads

because I'm always a day late with the old news........BUT..........I was on the line with my Carnival guy finalizing things for my 10-22-07 cruise and I asked if anything Military/past guest was available yet for my September '08 Glory..............MILITARY rate was available:D .

Got a 9A wrap reduced to $803/person from $1079/

Sorry if it's old news, but I didn't think the rates were out that far yet.

That's why I sailed Carnival the first time. The Military discount is great and I think they are the only one that gives it to vets. Now it's just a perk to feed my addiction.

I booked my Miracle over a year out nothing was available at the time....straight up fare.

7 people in 3 balconies and an adjoining interior........Militray and Mil Friend/family took almost $2500 off my original booking!! I can't complain.

because I'm always a day late with the old news........BUT..........I was on the line with my Carnival guy finalizing things for my 10-22-07 cruise and I asked if anything Military/past guest was available yet for my September '08 Glory..............MILITARY rate was available:D .

Hi Craig that is great news...:) ...Now you probably feel better about spending so much flying to Ga. next month...

We booked our Nov. 18th cruise the end of March and got a great rate on aft rooms. I think you have a better chance of getting a balcony room on a military discount when booking far in advance. They only allow so many balcony rooms with military discount. OV and inside are pretty much available to 3 rooms per vet/military. We were unable to get the discount for another balcony room except the room the vet is occupying.

We booked the Splendor on the first day and was told to call back about the military discount periodically to see if it would be offered. Today I hit the jackpot! $880.00 of of my aft, wrap around cabin. I am so happy now.

Linda

Congratulations:)Enjoy your 9A wrap. Always great when you can save money on a booked cruise. Gotta love those Carnival military discounts!

We have booked the Freedom for 4/5/09 2 days after our Elation cruise. My PVP called me to inform us that the military discount was just applied to our sailing saving us $80 pp for a 6 day cruise. The nice thing about a PVP is she did the checking and did everything for us before she called.:D

We used the Military discount for our June 17 cruise with Carnival out of Galvestion. We are also booked a December cruise with Carnival out of Florida. Other cruise lines offer discounts also. I just cancelled the December cruise with Carnival. I decided to go with MSC Lirica because of their intererary. We want to visit San Juan, St. Thomas etc( land tour). We didn't use the military discount. We used the promotional kids go free. If I am not mistaking you can not combine discount offers. Usually the military rate is the most discounted rate. I hope this helps.

Archived