Wine shops in Honolulu?

maitlandcruisers

• Administrators

I can't recommend a wine store, not being a wine drinker myself, but did want to make sure you are aware that for each bottle you bring on board, according to numerous posts here, there is a $15 corkage charge. You likely are aware of that, based on your question, but it doesn't hurt to make sure. Have a great cruise! :)

I believe this depends on what cruise line you're going on. Princess allows 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person in each port. No corkage fee unless you take it to the dining room. Some cruise lines are more strict than others. Personally I'm glad I'm on Princess. We're hitting Costco in Honolulu for our wine and champagne.

I believe this depends on what cruise line you're going on. Princess allows 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person in each port. No corkage fee unless you take it to the dining room. Some cruise lines are more strict than others. Personally I'm glad I'm on Princess. We're hitting Costco in Honolulu for our wine and champagne.

How many Sea Days on your cruise? Seems it would be better spent in the Hawaiian Islands. :rolleyes:

• Administrators

Oh yes, good point! I was assuming (bad thing to do, I know!) the OP is on NCLA because of the reference to having time to shop in Honolulu -- must have been transference or something, since I've been figuring out where we are going to do our pre-cruise HNL shopping! Thanks for the amendment!

Thanks for all the help; we will try some of your suggestions. We are on NCLA and know about the $15 corkage fee. However, this is the only cruise I know of that charges a corkage for wine consumed in your stateroom. When we were on the Caribbean Princess in October, there was only a $10 corkage fee and that was only on the wine taken to dinner. Also on Princess, I wasn't aware that there was a limit. They didn't ask how many bottles of wine brought on board, but we had them in our luggage not our carry on. Celebrity now charges a $25 fee:eek: , but once again only on wine taken to the dining rooms. And on both Princess and Celebrity, we weren't charged the corkage every time. (Probably has something to do with the fact that you have the same servers each night). We like to bring our own wine and pay the corkage-it's hard to pay $30 for a bottle of wine that costs $7 at Costco! Also, cruising is a great excuse to open up a bottle you've been saving for a special occassion!

How many Sea Days on your cruise? Seems it would be better spent in the Hawaiian Islands. :rolleyes:

Ha! Good point but we have 4 lovely sea days and the rest is spend in French Polynesia. :p How many people get to go to Bora Bora and Tahiti on their Hawaiin cruise?

Ha! Good point but we have 4 lovely sea days and the rest is spend in French Polynesia. :p How many people get to go to Bora Bora and Tahiti on their Hawaiin cruise?

Well, MikeKaye is doing one. I think his is Australia to Hawaii with stops in the Society Islands. I remember because he posted about it and I told him that I'd like to be green with envy, but I simply can't because I'm so glad he's able to take that cruise. (And I'm glad for you too!):D

beachchick

We ended up buying the wine for our trip at the Liquor Collection in Wards Center. Had 6 bottles which they put into a cardboard box for us. You might want to take a heavy bag to put the box in to carry. That was the only problem, carrying it. But once we got back to the hotel, we used my luggage wheels to get it on the ship. The lady at collecting the corkage fees, only charged us for 4 bottles. But from the thread, you can see there are lots of places to buy. Depending on when you are going, there may be a new store in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. It wasn't completed yet about a month ago, but is going to be quite large.

Archived