MoBay Doctors/Cave Beach

sas80

In our quest to find shore excursions that will "work" for our 10 month old, we are considering Doctors/Cave beach. The website says it is right next to the "hip strip".

Can anyone tell me if Doctors/Cave beach is safe? What's it like?

Can anyone tell me about the "hip strip"? What's on it? What's it like?

Thanks

We went to Doctors Cave Beach a few weeks ago on our Conquest sailing. The beach was very clean and we had a nice time there. I will be honest and say that police officers were visible and walking around. We had no issues of anyone trying to sell us anything and never felt unsafe at anytime on the beach. However, my mom and I did see one deal try to go down but the cop was there within 1 minute. If you plan on staying at the beach for a long time I would go to Sunset Beach and spend the extra money. If you're only going to do a couple of hours (we stayed about 2 hours, leaving right after lunch) then save your money and do Doctors Cave. The food was also really good and if you get there early enough you can put your chairs under the trees and not buy the umbrellas. That's what we ended up doing and while it was hot we were under the shade trees and had a nice breeze.

As for hip strip I'd say no it wasn't. You could walk to Margaritaville from there if you wanted but I wouldn't. We went straight to the beach and then got back on our hot spots bus and went to the city center for shopping.

Archived