....Charley Is Coming To Sarasota !

voyagerfl

Are you evacuating today, Voyager? I've been glued to the weather channel since yesterday, because we are driving down to Sarasota this weekend, from Chicago. Hmmm... Maybe I should postpone a day... THERE'S a thought!

Good Morning,

Well.......It still looks like it's either gonna hit here or very close.

Either way........it's gonna be rough.

We don't live in an evacuation area..(thankfully)....but have done some boarding up of windows & stocked up on canned food and water.

Once it's over, I expect I'll be spending a lot of time at work, as I work in Utilities Dept.

We too have been watching the weather closely. Those of you on our West Coast are right in the path.... while those of us in the Central region are waiting to see where landfall occurs. Either way, lets hope our state comes through this Friday the 13th with minimal damage and no loss of life.

I just called our hotel (Holiday Inn Lido Beach), and cancelled for Sunday night. We're gonna postpone our drive for a day. The girl I talked to said that they were evacuating today, and to call before we arrive on Monday, to be sure that everything is ok.

Keep your heads down all of you in FL. My big brother and wife are in central Florida and I'm a nervous wreck. I will be pacing until I hear from them when it's over.

I just read the the Port of Tampa is Closed. And in looking at the path of the storm, it looked like Grand Cayman was directly hit. Anyone know if and how much damage was sustained on that island?

All you floridians are in our thoughts!

The storm is suppose to hit Marion County Direct. Were staying put but have everything we need in the vehicle if we have to get out. We also have the pet carrier ready for our 2 senior citizen cats.

This is my first, only been in Florida for 7 years, but made it through may blizzards in Buffalo NY including the Blizzard of 77.

Now Upgraded to a Cat. 4 Hurricane (sure wish that were a Cabin Cat.)

Waaahhh, it's coming to eat us........:eek: :eek:

We have boarded up several windows and the Sliding glass door, but ran out of plywood.........

Keep those fingers crossed......

Now Upgraded to a Cat. 4 Hurricane (sure wish that were a Cabin Cat.)

Waaahhh, it's coming to eat us........:eek: :eek:

We have boarded up several windows and the Sliding glass door, but ran out of plywood.........

Keep those fingers crossed......

The last report I saw was at noon, Central time, on ABC, saying that it was a Cat 3. I'm sure that since you're *there*, that your information is more accurate. I'm also guessing that RSAD will be postponing move in... What a mess! Stay safe, Voyager, and anyone else in the path of this menace!

Yes, the latest says it's going to be upgraded to a Category 4 within the hour--& that Tampa is going to take a direct hit (with Sarasota right in front of it). We'll be thinking of you folks there. My mom went thru Andrew, & it wasn't pretty.

This is way late, & you've probably heard a lot of this but:

--Fill your bathtub up with water. You can use that for clean water later if needed.

--Get lots of cash. If electricity goes out, ATM machines don't work, & you'll need cash to buy things for a while.

--Fill the car up with gas. (Same thing--if electricity is out, the gas pumps don't work.)

Gordon is right- right now, it looks like Tampa will be spared the worst of it. Ft Meyers and central Fla (where we are) is not looking good. But we are inland enough, so hopefully, all we will get is wind and rain-and please let elec, stay on.

Just back from the Sensation yesterday, so we are preparing for the stoem today- moving all patio furniture, getting stocked up on water, etc.

At least we have a lot of rum haha.

Hope no one is our state sustains much damage!

Oh also, I'm washing all our dirty clothes from the cruise just in case we do lose elec later tonight- lol it usually takes me 2 days to do that.

Be safe, all Floridians!

Voyager, I hope you stay safe. My parents have a home just south of you in Venice. My best friend lives in Punta Gorda and is building a house in Port Charlotte (hoped to be finished by Sept). I'm relocating down there next year when my son graduates high school. I plan on getting hurricane shutters!

Stay safe and dry!

Stefanie

Iluvdoxies... I hope tou are buttoned up tight. It looks like Charley is headed right toward Castelberry within the next couple of hours. It shouldn't be too strong, but still enough to do damage. Hope it doesn't spawn tornados in you area.

Archived