Help! Need cabin advice

luv2bnsun

I need help with cabin choice on Pride of America. Cabin category BC - Room 9704 and 9204 (adjoining aft balconies). Are aft balconies bigger than the normal balconies? Is the view better on an aft balcony? Is there more noise in an aft room? What about movement? Has anyone actually stayed in these staterooms - if so thoughts? Can the partitions between adjoining cabins on the balconies be removed? I could really use some advice as to which balcony....side of ship or aft?

Lv2bnsun –

DW and I have cruised on the Sun, Dawn and Jewel (2 trans-Atlantics), always in an aft cabin. Our next three cruises will also be in an aft cabin. We sort of stumbled into an aft cabin on our first cruise on the Sun. Did not know any better; wouldn’t cruise any other way now.

On the plus side: no wind, great view, never on the ‘wrong’ side.

Potential downside: Noise from the prop wash, long way to walk to get anywhere.

Once you close the balcony door, the noise is gone. We take our turns on the track or promenade deck, so a short walk and a few stairs to the food is no problem for us. Since we have had no other cabin, we cannot compare as to motion. What little motion we felt in a force 9 wind (around Iceland) was quite pleasant. Cannot comment on balcony size, either. Partitions on the balconies were permanent on our ships; that may be different on PoA.

Don’t forget the great view you’ll have when leaving port!

1780895083_CiaoFloridass.jpg.018caa8c3e0c8b63b4cdac420459b850.jpg

I need help with cabin choice on Pride of America. Cabin category BC - Room 9704 and 9204 (adjoining aft balconies). Are aft balconies bigger than the normal balconies? Is the view better on an aft balcony? Is there more noise in an aft room? What about movement? Has anyone actually stayed in these staterooms - if so thoughts? Can the partitions between adjoining cabins on the balconies be removed? I could really use some advice as to which balcony....side of ship or aft?

We love the aft cabins!

I know on the DAWN and STAR the partition can be opened up by your cabin steward......with a special tool, and I believe it is the same on the POA.

Cabin 9204

• Shower (1)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Connecting Room (9704)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Starboard Side
  • Aft Section
  • Pier aft
  • Private Balcony (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Balcony Square Footage (89)
  • Television (1)
  • Sitting Area
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Single Sofa Bed (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (138)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)
  • Sprinklers
  • Internet access

Margaret –

See what you did? You made me look at my Jewel slides again. Sure enough, enclosed is a picture of the divider with door. The divider is fixed, but all it will take is that special key.

1069500191_Balcony2balcony-1.jpg.679f1ce42b4f8db2bca03d07141ef2d7.jpg

Archived