Did I pay too much?

dvcmember

I will be traveling on a 4-day cruise aboard the Fantasy leaving December. The total with all the taxes and port charges is $630.02 for two guests in an oceanview on the Empress deck. I think it is a great price. Do you think I payed two much?

Thanks

Swifty

While it sounds like a great price, remember that you'll always find somebody who paid less. As such, the question should be changed from "did I pay to much" to "am I happy with what I paid".

Just a thought.

No. Any time you get a price of less than $100 a day per person, it is a good price. Just enjoy the cruise.

For a balcony maybe. Not for any other type cabin though. DIfferent people different guidelines to a good price !

$315 per person for four nights? I think you did very well for an oceanview cabin. (Everybody has their own views on things....but I think you should congratulate yourself for getting this rate.):)

$315 per person for four nights? I think you did very well for an oceanview cabin. (Everybody has their own views on things....but I think you should congratulate yourself for getting this rate.):)

She is right-this is a good price but I have seen cheaper occasionially but that does not happen unlesss the ship is not selling out.

I would never ask what others paid on cruise.Do not stupidily tell someone what you paid. I made that mistake once. Last year we did Inspiration 7 day and we managed to get an oceanview cabin on Empress for $480 a person. Somehow this came up in conversation with a woman I met in the photo gallery-she had paid $600 a person for an inside cabin on the same deck. She was very upset about it-she had also booked her cruise a year in advance-whereas we had booked ours 3 months before. As I told her Carnival had run a sale on that ship 3 months earlier and what happened was that her agent kept the profits instead of getting her an upgrade or refund. Boy that just made it worse-I wished I had said NOTHING.

you paid way too much. Feel better now. I was always told that money issues should be kept to yourself. Also the cruise lines do monitor these boards and make changes sometimes as a result of posting lets keep the glotting to ourselves. Just my opinion. have a great cruise and don't worry of you paid too much or too little.. its a cruise and your vacation. what you paid was a fair price(so what if you seriously overpaid :) )

She is right-this is a good price but I have seen cheaper occasionially but that does not happen unlesss the ship is not selling out.

I would never ask what others paid on cruise.Do not stupidily tell someone what you paid. I made that mistake once. Last year we did Inspiration 7 day and we managed to get an oceanview cabin on Empress for $480 a person. Somehow this came up in conversation with a woman I met in the photo gallery-she had paid $600 a person for an inside cabin on the same deck. She was very upset about it-she had also booked her cruise a year in advance-whereas we had booked ours 3 months before. As I told her Carnival had run a sale on that ship 3 months earlier and what happened was that her agent kept the profits instead of getting her an upgrade or refund. Boy that just made it worse-I wished I had said NOTHING.

How would she have known this otherwise? I think you did this woman a favor because she is now better informed about pricing for future cruises. However the t.a. didn't make much of a profit because t.a.'s only get 10% of the rate above the non-commissionable fare, so it may have only meant an extra $12. to the t.a. (you pay the cruise line, not the travel agent) and that's only if a refund was chosen. So this lady now knows to monitor price rates and the money she may save in the future thanks to your "sharing" could make up for this.

I myself like to read the treads about price of a cruise. I don't think it hurts anyone. It gives anyone a fair chance at getting a fair price. Ship and date of sailing has a lot to do with price too.

I also use $100.00 pp pd as a guideline. If I can book a cruise for less then that I feel I got a deal. This is with port and taxes and also the time of year I cruise most, in the spring now fall prices I've seen a lot less then $100.00 pp pd.

I would never talk about price on the cruise but here on the message board is what's it's all about!

Archived