Need boston help

laurachr

will be in Boston on Sunday, Sept 23 from 2-10pm. i'm planning on taking the duck tour. i know it is quicker to get to this tour at the Museum of Science stop. But i was wandering if it wouldn't be more advantageous to start it at the Prudential Center, so when we're finished we are closer to some other sites. Question - from the Prudential Center what would be our options following the duck tour?

I just did a search of Boston Duck tours and on their site is freqently asked quesitons. Hit that and it tells you all about the Prudential center and what is near. Try that.

Marilyn

• 1 month later...

I think the lines at the Museum of Science will be shorter for the Duck Tour. You will be right near the a T (subway) stop and it is easy and safe to get around the tourist areas of Boston via the T. If you feel like walking a bit- it would only take about 20-25 minutes to walk to the North End which has the Italian Section (Mike's Pastry Shop), Paul Reveres House, and Old North Church close by is Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market area. There website is http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/

Boston is a very walkable city with a great train/trolley system. It is even easy to get from the airport to Downtown via the T. Hope this helps.

I use the T all the time. Cheap, efficient and fast. Boston is not a spread out city and is incredibly easy to get around. This map shows you how easy the T system is.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/

I live west of Boston but DH works on the city and I am always going in to shop, have lunch and so forth and always walk or use the T. I leave my car at a Park and Ride as the parking situation is tight.

You can easily walk from one site to another fairly quickly. Going to the North End is a must if you like Italian food! This site will give you some insight into the dining. I am Italian and I would eat at most any of these places as they are authentic,

http://www.northendboston.com/dining-restaurants.htm

Enjoy your time in our city and if you have any questions I do check the board pretty often.

From the Prudential Center you will be close to shopping on Newbury Street, sightseeing at Copley Square (Boston Public Library, Trinity Church, John Hancock Tower) Boston Public Garden, Boston Common and the Esplanade along the Charles River all about a one mile walk.

Enjoy your stay.

If you can, pre-reserve your Duck tickets by going online one week prior. They tend to sell out. If you end at the Prudential Center, you are close to Copley Square, Newbury Street, Commonwealth Avenue. You could actually walk down Newbury to the Public Gardens, then do a ride on the Swan Boats, see the building that was used for the outside of the Cheers TV show, and cross the Boston Common past the new State House and end up at the corner of Park and Tremont to start the Freedom Trail -- not a bad way to wander back at all. If you end at the Museum of Science, you could head over to the USS Constitution and start the Freedom Trail from that end and work you way back through the North End, Old North Church, Quincy Market, to Tremont and Park.

Hit Dick's Last Resort for a quick bite. Loads of fun here! They will insult you and you'll love it! LOL

It's just outside the Prudential.

Enjoy the Skywalk on the 50th floor of the Pru...nice views.

I prefer Modern to Mike's ....love the cannoli! :D

Archived