Newbie to this board - Conquest ?

boogsmom

Hi everyone - have been lurking and reading everyone's responses to the prior questions which were asked. A friend referred me to this sight and stated how everyone was so helpful... she was right!!!!

We are traveling on Conquest within the next couple of weeks and wondering what is there for a 15 yr old to do. If anyone has any recent capers they could post it would be GREAT!!

Secondly, we have traveled on the Rhapsody and we were able to get Ceasar salad everynight... in looking at the menu's that were posted it does not show it to be available. I am hoping that we can just ask for it and get it - does anyone happen to know. They were just AWESOME on Rhapsody and I'm hoping for the same on Conquest:)

We are traveling w/our family and have two rooms on the 7th floor in on the rt side rear of the boat... just wondering if you can feel alot of motion there.

Any help or advice would be Fantastic.

Thanks in advance for your help!!! :)

...Shouldn't be any major "motion problems"

...Ceasar salad should be available every night, If not on the menu, just ask for it. If not on the main menu, should be on what's called the alternative menu. Other foods, like shrimp cocktail/chicken breast/baked potato/steamed vegetables, can also be found there nightly

Hi Boogsmom!

Wow - I just found this website for the first time tonight. I wish I would have found it BEFORE I cruised on the Conquest last week! We had a WONDERFUL time on our cruise out of Galveston on 5/27. I'd cruised once before, on the Ecstasy, four years ago. It was a good trip, but the Conquest cruise was superb.

I don't really have any good info to give you regarding your 15-year old, but I know on our cruise, there were tons of kids that age, so I bet he could find other kids to hang out with.

Yes, you can get a Caesar salad nightly. Also, try the creme brulee for dessert on the first night. It's the only night they offer it, and it was EXCELLENT!

We were also on the 7th floor (Empress Deck), near the rear of the ship, and we didn't feel much movement at all. I thought it was a great area of the ship to have our room. It was so easy to get up to the Lido Deck for the casual dining and pool, and just a straight shot down the elevator to the Monet Dining Room.

I cannot say enough good things about cruising on the Conquest last week! The weather could have been better, especially in Jamaica and Grand Cayman, but overall it was such a great experience. (If you haven't already planned to do the stingray/snorkeling shore excursion in Grand Cayman, reconsider! WE LOVED IT!) Also, the cruise director, Mark Price, was wonderful -- hilarious!

You are going to have such a good time. Wish I could go along with you!

Hi everyone - have been lurking and reading everyone's responses to the prior questions which were asked. A friend referred me to this sight and stated how everyone was so helpful... she was right!!!!

We are traveling on Conquest within the next couple of weeks and wondering what is there for a 15 yr old to do. If anyone has any recent capers they could post it would be GREAT!!

Secondly, we have traveled on the Rhapsody and we were able to get Ceasar salad everynight... in looking at the menu's that were posted it does not show it to be available. I am hoping that we can just ask for it and get it - does anyone happen to know. They were just AWESOME on Rhapsody and I'm hoping for the same on Conquest:)

We are traveling w/our family and have two rooms on the 7th floor in on the rt side rear of the boat... just wondering if you can feel alot of motion there.

Saw your post about going on Conquest in a couple of weeks and wondered if you could do me a hugh favor. We were on the 5/20 sailing and I left quite a bit of clothes in drawer under couch. I was wondering if you could check with room steward Sylvia to see if she turned it in. I left swimming suits and cover ups. I was in Room 7444 which is aft and should be near where you are staying given your description. Yes, we felt motion but only on days when it was a little rough but never had a problem(we were right on aft) We had friends in 7430 and they never had a problem, either. If you can email me when you return with any info, I would really appreciate it. Email me at gillardgail@yahoo.com Thanks and have a wonderful trip. You will really enjoy it.

Also, there was a teen dance club that only teens were allowed and no alcohol was served there. There was a game room, also. There's lots for 15 year olds to do.....

Saw your post about going on Conquest in a couple of weeks and wondered if you could do me a hugh favor. We were on the 5/20 sailing and I left quite a bit of clothes in drawer under couch. I was wondering if you could check with room steward Sylvia to see if she turned it in. I left swimming suits and cover ups. I was in Room 7444 which is aft and should be near where you are staying given your description. Yes, we felt motion but only on days when it was a little rough but never had a problem(we were right on aft) We had friends in 7430 and they never had a problem, either. If you can email me when you return with any info, I would really appreciate it. Email me at gillardgail@yahoo.com Thanks and have a wonderful trip. You will really enjoy it.

Also, there was a teen dance club that only teens were allowed and no alcohol was served there. There was a game room, also. There's lots for 15 year olds to do....Also, in the dining room, you ceasar salad was offered almost every night. You could also get it each day at pizza place. You just have to ask for it...

We are going with my family and are in two rooms - 7405 and 7409. That'ss great that they didn't feel alot of motion.

This is my parents first cruise and I really want it to be enjoyable for them also. When we were on Rhapsody of the Seas last year - they only time we really felt anything with the boat was after we left Cozumel and were making our way back into the Gulf, it go a little bumpy. But other than that, it was smooooth sailing.

GVG01:

Re: the missing clothes... no problem I can check and then email you to let you know the findings of my mission :)

Thanks again!

boogsmom

We are going with my family and are in two rooms - 7405 and 7409. That'ss great that they didn't feel alot of motion.

This is my parents first cruise and I really want it to be enjoyable for them also. When we were on Rhapsody of the Seas last year - they only time we really felt anything with the boat was after we left Cozumel and were making our way back into the Gulf, it go a little bumpy. But other than that, it was smooooth sailing.

GVG01:

Re: the missing clothes... no problem I can check and then email you to let you know the findings of my mission :)

Thanks again!

boogsmom

Thanks, you're a gem!!! I really appreciate it. Have fun!!!!!

Boogsmom,

Welcome to CC. We were just on the Conquest last October with our daughter who was 15 at the time. It was Fall Break, so there were plenty of kids and teens aboard. She spent most of her free time in the Teen Club just hanging out.

As luck would have it, she found a friend from her band at school on our cruise, so they hung out in the teen room together.

We did bring a pair of walkie talkies with, so that we could keep in touch with her. She really had a great time all week.

The Conquest is a beautiful ship. We had cabin 8284 which is mid-ship on the Verandah deck. We had very little movement.

Hope you have a great cruise.

I sailed on teh conquest i October last year. While I don't have kids, this ship's great for them. There's the Montmartre disco/arcade and Club O2 on the Promenade (deck 5) for the teen set. Mostly, I didn't notice the kids except on the Lido (deck 9).

Check out the cruise route on an illuminated electronic map near henri's bar, deck 5 starboard, aft.

Mysticks1 - Thanks!!!

My husband is from NY and LOVES calzones....so he can eat his made to order calzone and I can eat the salad and my son can have his pizza.

Well, the calzones aren't that good in my experience - mostly cheese with a smattering of meat and it take 10-15 minutes in early evening. I liked the pizzas better.

Conquest 10-15-06

Miracle 01-18-08

Archived