Conversion of twin beds to a queen-sized bed

Hi all, taking my first cruise in North America in July '05 on the Radiance - can't wait! Just a quick question - when they say that the twin beds are convertible, do they merely mean thay they may be pushed together to form a queen sized bed, each twin bed retaining its single-sized bedsheets etc?

I've had that experience several times in a hotel room where my room mate and I somehow end up pushing the beds quite a bit apart from the other. As this will be my honeymoon, it'll be tough if this happens every night! :p

Any answers will be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

The will lock the beds together, but they don't always change the sheets to queen size. I think it depends on how many couples vs. single travelers and how much your steward feels like doing. Sometimes two twins sheets works out better. I'm usually freezing at night and want to burrow under the sheet and blanket. My husband gets hot so sometimes he doesn't even want the sheet on.

always have with us,had our honeymoon on the grandeur in 97,believe me they they will make a special effort for you,dont forget to tell them its your honeymoon,we received a free bottle of moet.enjoy your cruise.

In 8 cruises (3 different cruise lines) we've never had a problem. The bed has the width of a queen size (actually seems bigger than a queen) maybe a queen and a half. You probably won't even notice! Have a great honeymoon!

Barb C

We are just back from the 7/31 sailing of Radiance to Alaska. Not only were the beds so comfy, the sheets were great!. They are soft and smooth and the cabin steward places one soft sheet on either side of the blanket. It's as cozy as can be!

As I was reading and thinking about this, I also came up with the answer to another post about asking for a clean bed spread. The bedsreads are put away for the week, the beds are put together and a topper is installed so you do not see or feel where they are connected. The bed will start out with many sheets on the bed and they are pealed off as the week goes along. In addition to the sheets, you have a blanket as well.

Hi all, taking my first cruise in North America in July '05 on the Radiance - can't wait! Just a quick question - when they say that the twin beds are convertible, do they merely mean thay they may be pushed together to form a queen sized bed, each twin bed retaining its single-sized bedsheets etc?

I've had that experience several times in a hotel room where my room mate and I somehow end up pushing the beds quite a bit apart from the other. As this will be my honeymoon, it'll be tough if this happens every night! :p

Any answers will be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Just to make sure, call RCCL. We went on the Majesty last year for our 25th anniversary- Cabin 3514. It was a quad. Hubby and 2 children. The TA told us two uppers pull down and the two twins below go together as a queen. NOT. When we arrived, we saw 3 "lowers" and one upper. It felt like we were sleeping in a camper - all 4 of us had separate beds. Of course hubby & I tried to squeeze into one twin :) . So check your cabin out with RCCL to make sure the beds go together. Only a few cabins are set up like the one we had. You shouldn't have a problem.

Archived