Pride of Aloha

Wattle

Hi, we have just retured from the Pride of Aloha. I will post a review shortly. In the meantime I am happy to answer any questions you may have. We had a great time. I used these threads before we left and found them to be excellant.:)

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! :D

one question-did you hear of any problems with air conditioning in some of the cabins? (Never mind!-I see you were on the 5/27 sailing, which is the one that problems have been reported on-I should wait for the people on board now LOL)

Hopefully the AC problems will be fixed by the time we go (8/19/07). If they havn't been by that time, NCL is really in big time trouble.I'll keep watching the threads for new developments.

Sactobob

I am going on the Pride of Aloha next month and was wondering - which night was the "formal" night on the cruise?

There were two 'formal' nights on board. Some people really dressed up, some made an effort and lots (most) did not. I wore what I would call good clothes (not a formal gown) and my husband wore long pants,long sleeve shirt and a tie. The second night he dropped the tie. Most people got dressed up the have there photos taken. You are surposed to dress to go to the speciality resturants, we did, but many didnot and they had no problems. I liked the fact that after a long day in port you did not have to 'dress up' for dinner. We used the buffet most nights in shorts and teeshirts. Yea to freestyle cruising.

Hopefully the AC problems will be fixed by the time we go (8/19/07). If they havn't been by that time, NCL is really in big time trouble.I'll keep watching the threads for new developments.

Sactobob

I read on another thread the AC was fixed on the last day of the cc posters cruise this past week.

We leave next Saturday and have just a few questions. Do they have bathrobes in the rooms like carnival does? Can my DH leave the suit jacket home even if we go to the Bistro? What time works well not to wait in line for the Crossing or Palace? When you went by the Na Pai coast, were you able to hear the narration if you stayed in your room and looked out the balcony?

We leave next Saturday and have just a few questions. Do they have bathrobes in the rooms like carnival does? Can my DH leave the suit jacket home even if we go to the Bistro? What time works well not to wait in line for the Crossing or Palace? When you went by the Na Pai coast, were you able to hear the narration if you stayed in your room and looked out the balcony?

There were no atrobes in our room, but we had an outside with a porthole. My DH did not even take a jacket, on 'formal' nights he did wear a tie. Most people dressed in what I would call good casual in all the dining rooms. The buffet was even more casual. After spending a long day in port who wants to get dressed up (yea freestyle cruising). We ate in the Palace only one night. We got ther about 6.00pm, and did not wait, and thee were planty of tables available. We ate two nights in the speciality resturant and booked in advance. The other times we ate in the Buffet, we like to eat early, 6.00am for breakfast, and 6.00pm for lunch and the one time for lunch, and we did not have any long ques or a wait for a table. We could not hear the neration in our room, (and I have heard complaints about this), but we wanted to have a rest so we were glad we could not hear it.

I was also on the 'hot ship' ;-)

I think is was just a little bit past 9 when we passed the lava flow... It was GREAT!

Don't know about the entertainment... was too tired from the day trips. ;-)

Oh yes it is the ship is smoke friendly, which is more than I can say for the state of Hawaii.

Like most ships, one side smokes the other is smoke free. Restaurants and theaters are smoke free. Smoking off ship can be a pain in the rear... no smoking within 20 feet of any business. This translates into you can't sit and have a cup of coffee or anything else with your cigarette. Most of the time you have to find a parking lot or an alley.

three more questions...At about what time did you float by the volcano?

Also what time does the entertainment begin? do they allow smoking on the ship?

We went past the volcano about 10.00pm. It was wonderful, there was a lovley comentary as we went past. Entertainment varies. Most shows have a 7.30pm and 9.30pm time and other things vary. The blue Hawaii lounge has entertainment at different times.

Befoere going on the cruise I saw that there was no shorts allowed in any dinning rooms so I made my husband bring a jacket. We ate in every dinning area that charged extra and we saw every type of dress in all. After the first night my DH wore dressy shorts and a nice colar shirt. We had no AC and was in an inside room. Make sure it was perm. fixed because it would work alittle and then go out agian. It did seem like it might have been fixed Saturday night but our trip was over Sunday so??? There were very few people that we saw really dressed for the formal nights. If you go to the front of the ship aorund 1-3/4 of an hr before they say your going to be at the lava flow you'll get a great view. As for the entertainment...we didn't get to see and because by the time we got back on the ship, ate it had already started. we did do PUB crawl. Not much of a drinker but it was fun. We arer in our 40's and most of the others were younger but there were some older.

Archived