Carnival Glory

Jacky4

I have never taken a cruise longer than 5 days. I am looking at a seven day on the Glory. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 5 day and 7 day. Is the ship bigger than the Imagination? Is there more than one formal night? What other things are on the 7 day that are not on a 5 day?

Hmmm...2 days!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

LMAO! That was exactly what I was thinking. lol Seriously, I can't answer your questions for you (OP) but I have done a 5 day on Holiday and a 4 day on Fantasy and upcomming is 7 days on Glory (in August). I don't know what "more" there will be other than 2 formal nights instead of just one? However, I am looking forward to those two extra days of fun! And, I can also say that for me the 4 day was WAY to short, I won't ever do another 4 day. It seemed like we just boarded and we were back home again. The 5 day was good so I would imagine that the 7 days will be even better.

I have never taken a cruise longer than 5 days. I am looking at a seven day on the Glory. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 5 day and 7 day. Is the ship bigger than the Imagination? Is there more than one formal night? What other things are on the 7 day that are not on a 5 day?

Jacky, 2 days pretty much covers it. :D To mean, an extra day at sea or another port to visit. Really nothing that different.

The biggest change packing will be an extra formal night.

And yes, the Glory is bigger than the Imagination. So more to see and hopefully do.

Unfortunately, you will still have to deal with the disappointment of having it end. That's the same whether it's 4,5,6 or 7 days. :D

My first cruise was a 5 day to try it out, see how we liked it. Second was a 7 day - love the two extra days! There will be two formal nights on a 7 day cruise. Other than that, just extra time on a gorgeous ship.

The Imagination is a Fantasy class ship, while the Glory is a Conquest class - Glory is a MUCH bigger ship (110,000 tons compared to 70,000 tons; 14 decks compared to 10). We're looking forward to our cruise on her in October, our last one was on the Pride - great ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

In my opinion the Glory was huge, compared to the Imagination. I loved them both. I took the Western on the Glory and I'll say it seemed busier then the Imagination cruise. 4 ports and 3 days at sea vs 2 ports and 3 days at sea on the Imagination. I actually liked the Imagination cruise better, but I think it's because we tried to do too much on the Glory cruise. At any rate, you will have a good time, and I was quite happy with 2 more days of cruising.

I have been on both the fantasy, and the Glory.

I remember my first cruise on the Fantasy, i thought.....wow, this ship is huge....!!!! We had a GREAT cruise.

6 months later, i was on the Glory!!!......that ship was huge compared to the Fantasy!!!!!!!

I had a wonderful time on both ships....but agree with the others, 4 days was too short!!!

I have also been on the Sensation, and the Miracle.....

Sorry, i cant say anything bad about any of them!

I am addicted to cruising....just love it!!!

I am triple stacked right now!

We are going on glory again in september.

Denise

You will have 2 Formal nights, plus the Captain Cocktail & Past Guest Parties. And as everyone else said 2 more wonderful days. Depending on the itinerary, it could mean more ports. When I take a 7 day cruise, I prefer to have a good mix of port vs. sea days. I like a 4/3 or 3/4 ratio. I enjoy the days at sea too much so taking a 7 day cruise with a stop at a new port every day isn't for me. I was just on the Glory in April and loved it.

Enjoy!

Misty

We will sail the Glory in a few weeks to the western carrib. This will be my second cruise. The first one was in August on the Celebration which was a 5 day. I am sure this one will be even better considering there are more days & the ship is bigger. I had a blast on the celebration so I look foward to even more fun. Good luck with your choice!

Have done a 7 day and a 5 day both on Carnival. Those extra 2 days really make a difference to us. We loved the extra time on the sea. The 5 day was too short. Never ready to go home but even harder when only 5 days. We have a 7 day booked on Carnival over Christmas this year. Can't wait to read your review. Have a great cruise!

Archived