Snorkeling...HELP Please!!

jhsieh

Hi. We will be sailing on the Glory in September and I am trying to figure out where to snorkel. Our options are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Nassau. I LOVE to snorkel and haven't been to any of these places except for Nassau. We snorkeled there and it was ok, but I liked St. Thomas and Hawaii much better. I was hoping someone who has been to these places could point me in the best direction. Thanks a bunch!!!:D :confused: :D

Hi. We will be sailing on the Glory in September and I am trying to figure out where to snorkel. Our options are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Nassau. I LOVE to snorkel and haven't been to any of these places except for Nassau. We snorkeled there and it was ok, but I liked St. Thomas and Hawaii much better. I was hoping someone who has been to these places could point me in the best direction. Thanks a bunch!!!:D :confused: :D

cozumel has great reefs... take one of the excursions.. coz did have some good snorkeling from the shore but the last hurricane kind of diminished that a lot but the offshore reefs are still excellent.. that's the only one i can help you with

We took a similar cruise in Jan...Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, and Grand Cayman. Cozumel has some great snorkeling...I got hooked on snorkeling on my first cruise 3 years ago! Costa Maya isn't much of a stop at all. We went on the Mayan ruins tour. Belize is fanstastic! We went cave tubing and zip line and it was an adventure! Oh, and our adult children loved it too!

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i've snorkled all but nassau and they are all good snorkle spots for one reason or another.

not sure what your looking for, doing it on your own or to hire someone, Belize,stick with the ship excursions(i don't usually like ship excursions because of the cost and crowds) but belize and safety , are to be considered.

Cozumel you can hire a taxi for about 5.00 and go to playa ouva or playa corona and have great beach access and restroom/bar/food facility , while enjoying some REALLY good snorkling.(got to see an octopus-woohoo!!)

Costa maya you will need to hire a boat take you out to the reef but the fishing village is cool, and walk in the middle of the road, the vendors are a little pushy , but do take no for an answer.

I'll be doing Nassau this dec.;)

Archived