Cell Phone & Wi Fi On Freedom

Have you used your cell phone on the Freedom?

If so how much a minute?

How was the speed on the computer?

Could you use it from your suite?

I'm leaving on July 8 and I got a couple of projects I need to stay on top of when I'm gone.

check with your carrier. I was looking into Int'l use for my kids when they go to Italy with their dad, and I was surprised at how expensive it can be. We have Cingular/ATT. For my kids to call me, they would have the world traveler package at 5.99 month, then for them in Italy, it would cost an additional 99 cents a minute. That can add up fast. For like the Bahamas, it could be either 2.99 or 1.99 a minute. The way it was explained to me, is that our US service does not have use of the Int'l towers, so they get charged from them.

Another thing to know, if you even turn on your phone int'l and get a call (even if you dont' answer but let it go to voicemail) you will be charged the intl'l per minute rate. That is because you get charged the rate of where your phone last "booted up" at. So I would be cautious of anyone using their cell phones int'l wise, especially if they tend to get a lot of calls. Texting is better, only around 20 cents per text.

So in the case of my kids, my son is to leave his phone at home - he gets too many calls. My daughter will have the int'l package (she gets almost no calls from friends.) and they are warned about how long they can talk to me for. When we go on our cruise the week after you, we will be leaving our phones off.

Archived