Grandeur of the Seas . . ..

Hi, my name is Mary, and I'm a cruise-o-holic . . .

. . . after discovering that a smaller airport nearby (relatively speaking, people -- I live in the middle of mountains!) has non-stops to St. Pete, I started researching RCCL cruises in Tampa and found some really tempting 10-days in December 2008 -- but, strangely, the RCCL site isn't popping up deck plans. Not even for balcony/suites! Hmff! ;)

So two stupid/lazy questions:

---> is GOTS due for a refurb of some kind that would affect cabin layout? and

---> any feedback on how it would do for a ten day?

Just wondering. And dreaming, for the moment . . . . :D

I can't give you feedback on how she is because i haven't been on her yet. But I have done some research because we are looking to go on her out of Tampa in Apr of '08. Anyway, She just got out of refurb in May. They re-did the Windjammer and a few small things like replace carpet, etc. SHe is a great ship from what I have seen.

AS far as deck plans, go to webshots.com and under the search type in Grandeur of the Seas. You will see all the pics you will ever want and more.

No, she just came out of her two year drydock refurb, didn't change cabin plans at all. As far as a 10 day cruise on her is concerned, I've done two 9 night cruises, the links to my reviews are in my sig, and have a 9 night scheduled in October and a B2B next April that will be 14 nights on Grandeur. I think you can see that I like the ship.

Hi, my name is Mary, and I'm a cruise-o-holic . . .

. . . after discovering that a smaller airport nearby (relatively speaking, people -- I live in the middle of mountains!) has non-stops to St. Pete, I started researching RCCL cruises in Tampa and found some really tempting 10-days in December 2008 -- but, strangely, the RCCL site isn't popping up deck plans. Not even for balcony/suites! Hmff! ;)

So two stupid/lazy questions:

---> is GOTS due for a refurb of some kind that would affect cabin layout? and

---> any feedback on how it would do for a ten day?

Just wondering. And dreaming, for the moment . . . . :D

We just made reservations today for a 10 day on her in Dec 08. (Got a JS aft corner #7650) My wife had a print out of the deck and cabins layout that she got somewhere on the internet. She's already retired for the evening but I'll check with her tomorrow and find out where she got them.

Tanker 4

Archived