transportation help needed please

I am in charge of arranging our pre-cruise night in July. We (extended family of 8 including a baby in a car seat) are sailing on FOS out of the Port of Miami. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale the morning before because flying into Miami was much more expensive.

I read that there is a rental car company that you can rent cars from Ft. Lauderdale and drop them off at the Miami airport and then take a free shuttle to the Port of Miami. Does anyone know about this?

My idea was for us to rent 2 cars in Ft. Lauderdale and then spend a night in Miami. My dad and husband would then drop us and all the luggage (and our car seat) off at the Port and then drive to the airport, return the cars, and then take the shuttle to the ship. Does this make sense?

I am also flying into FLL but we have booked a town car for the 4 of us to transfer us to the Intercontinental near the port. Did you post your question on the "East coast departure" section? That is where I got a lot of good info on transportation.

Hotels in FLL maybe less expensive than in Miami. You might look into staying in FLL and then taking a shuttle service into Miami for your cruise. With all those people and luggage the simpler the better.

I am also flying into FLL but we have booked a town car for the 4 of us to transfer us to the Intercontinental near the port. Did you post your question on the "East coast departure" section? That is where I got a lot of good info on transportation.

We are hoping to be able to spend the afternoon looking around Miami. I will post there, good idea. Thanks!

wow, not one CC reader can help me?

Sounds like a great Idea, we usually rent a car in FortMyers drive it to Fort Lauderdale or Miami and then take a shuttle to the boat it is provided by the car rental company. I think we use budget and there is no drop off fee. Lorelle

Archived