Cape Liberty and JFK will I make my flight???

joelnlisa

So I have searched out some air fares and my best bet is to Fly in and out of JFK.

We are flying in from California and are arriving Thursday for a Sunday departure on the Explorer so arriving is no problem. The flight out is at noon will we make the flight??? We are diamond members so should be off the ship first and we can grab a cab to get to JFK. Any help would be great.

I know Newark is much closer but we could not get non-stop flights and it was more money to fly out of Newark. I was hoping we could make that flight. There were flights earlier but I wanted to give us a bit more time.

Last time cruising (last summer) we were off the ship by 8AM so I would figure even if it is 9AM that would give us an hour to get to the airport???

Please help soon I have a hold on the flights.

Joel

I think you may be cutting it close. If you are going to go through Staten Island on a weekday, it's rush hour. I can't tell you how many times it has taken me nearly 2 hours to to get from NJ to Kennedy.

And then you have to go through Security at the airport, too.

If there are no problems with traffic, I'd say you'd be okay, but it is so unpredictable. If it's a weekend, I'd say you'd be okay, but if it's a weekday, that is rush hour.

Archived