Carnivel Freedom Scoop

mrkcruiser

We are a group of 10 going on the Carnival Freedom on July 12th. The last few reviews weren't that favorable.....Are the reviews just a cross section of opinions or just disgruntled travelers? If you have been on the Freedom, please let me know what to expect. Was it great ?:p

With the exception of the entire NCL line, I dunno if it's possible to have a really terrible cruise. As long as you stay positive.

For the most part, the negative reviews are people that are overly critical and tend to have a more negative personality.

If you want a true representation of the Freedom experience, ask questions on roll calls for cruises that ended recently.

I know that if something bad happens to me on a cruise, I'm more likely to post a review than if everything was great. And so far my only bad cruises have been the 2 on NCL (do I sound like an NCList?) lol

We are a group of 10 going on the Carnival Freedom on July 12th. The last few reviews weren't that favorable.....Are the reviews just a cross section of opinions or just disgruntled travelers? If you have been on the Freedom, please let me know what to expect. Was it great ?:p

It was great! We went on the May 1 Grand Med. and had a wonderful trip. The food was good, the staff was friendly (especially Anton & Kamilla on Verandad foreward), entertainment good. John is funny, but don't believe everything he says. The overall decor is a bit overdone, but the rooms are very nice, well thought out with extremely comfortable beds and great showerheads. Overall, a very good value for the money. Breakfast is best in the dining room (good eggs benedict). Do try the deli sandwiches for lunch. The Sun King Restaurant is worth the extra price ($30 pp), but the Posh was also very nice. Get the chocolate melting cake.

I'm not sure why people were disgruntled. We sure had a good time.

thanks for you replies..i agree, some people are naturally negative, with that negative vibe and nothing will please them. I have a positive attitude and plan on taking that with me on the boat. We booked a balcony room and I know that will be cool. I love this site, everyone has something interesting to say !!

thanks for you replies..i agree, some people are naturally negative, with that negative vibe and nothing will please them. I have a positive attitude and plan on taking that with me on the boat. We booked a balcony room and I know that will be cool. I love this site, everyone has something interesting to say !!

I, too love cruise critic. In fact, I met some of my closest friends on this site (1 of which I'll be cruising with for a 5th time in October). In fact, I love my cruise buddies so much that my partner are planning a move by the end of the year at the latest, to either San Antonio or Houston. Most of my close friends are in Dallas or the Houston area.

I think everyone has something interesting to say! Even if it's not your opinion, it's great to read! Especially if the poster is like me and never shuts up! lol

I cruised on the 4/19 Freedom sailing & found absolutely nothing to gripe about. Service, food, & entertainment were all great. I didn't care for the decor as much as the Conquest or Spirit, but it certainly didn't ruin my cruise. The shore excursions were good with the exception of House of Virgin Mary & Ephesus: they just rushed you through like a herd of cattle. If you're going there, I suggest you book a private tour. Have a great cruise!!!

From the 5/13/2007 cruise we took. The Europe itinerary of Carnival is just awesome. The service we had was great, the shows were the best we have seen.

We had some minor issues, but they were taken care of right away. The decor on the ship, in the Lido restaurant and lobby, I didn't think was as good as the Liberty. But overall was a trip of a lifetime.

It was well above and beyond what I have experienced in the Caribbean.

Archived