Carnival and Smuggling drinks

southbayer

Hey, what happened to all those posts on here around 45 days ago about the dreaded "Crackdown" on drink smuggling ? Was this all a cruel hoax ?

Carnival changed their minds and are allowing a small amount of non-alcoholic beverages once again. A newsletter I got from a TA stated that they just wanted to stop those who were taking advantage and bringing on too much

Carnival changed their minds and are allowing a small amount of non-alcoholic beverages once again. A newsletter I got from a TA stated that they just wanted to stop those who were taking advantage and bringing on too much

Wow that's interesting. Could you possibly scan that newsletter so we can all read it. Then everyone will understand what Carnival allows. Thanks in advance.:D

Wow that's interesting. Could you possibly scan that newsletter so we can all read it. Then everyone will understand what Carnival allows. Thanks in advance.:D

Carnival Guests Can Again Bring Nonalcoholic Beverages on Cruises

Carnival Cruise Lines has backtracked on a recent change to its onboard beverage policy, now allowing guests to bring limited quantities of nonalcoholic beverages onboard its ships. The original policy to ban such drinks altogether was put in place after guests abused the cruise line's leniency on the issue by bringing overly large quantities of nonalcoholic drinks on board. Carnival is closely monitoring the situation moving forward.

The party line remains as it's been: 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person and small quantities of water and soft drinks. Presumably that means no case lots. Bon Voyage!

Presumably by whom????

Carnival Guests Can Again Bring Nonalcoholic Beverages on Cruises

Carnival Cruise Lines has backtracked on a recent change to its onboard beverage policy, now allowing guests to bring limited quantities of nonalcoholic beverages onboard its ships. The original policy to ban such drinks altogether was put in place after guests abused the cruise line's leniency on the issue by bringing overly large quantities of nonalcoholic drinks on board. Carnival is closely monitoring the situation moving forward.

That's the problem and the reason this topic is debated on here so much. If the above is indeed a Carnival release and not the opinion of the writer it shows the problem. What is limited quanities?? According to another of your posts "presumably no case lots" the above doesn't say that. Perhaps if you have 4 in a cabin one case of water and one case of soda is a limited quanity. Who knows?? Makes for great threads on here!!!:D :D :D

Here's my take on it. Most of the cruiseline's allow you to bring on water, soft drinks, wine and beer (within reason) when you are first embarking. However, the cruiseline's do not allow you to bring on other alcohol's such as, vodka, gin etc. That is were the whole smuggling thing comes into play. There is no need to smuggle unless you are bringing on the "bad boys". We do not, and aways have a carryon with wheels for some Pepsi, wine and a little beer. :o

Here's my take on it. Most of the cruiseline's allow you to bring on water, soft drinks, wine and beer (within reason) when you are first embarking. However, the cruiseline's do not allow you to bring on other alcohol's such as, vodka, gin etc. That is were the whole smuggling thing comes into play. There is no need to smuggle unless you are bringing on the "bad boys". We do not, and aways have a carryon with wheels for some Pepsi, wine and a little beer. :o

I've heard of several people taking rolling ice bags on board. I have one the size of a back pack. Should I pack this bag with my beer/water/coke with ice ahead of time? Any help will greatly be appreciated. TIA!!

I've heard of several people taking rolling ice bags on board. I have one the size of a back pack. Should I pack this bag with my beer/water/coke with ice ahead of time? Any help will greatly be appreciated. TIA!!

I don't think that you will receive a straight answer on this. I can imagine that packing it with water and coke (not sure about the beer) won't be a problem, but really it is up to you what you want to try to bring on.

I bought 3 small bottles of Diet Coke in Miami Airport and put it in my carry on and had no problems getting it on board the ship. I saw people with cases of soda and water but I thought that was a bit extreme.

I bought 3 small bottles of Diet Coke in Miami Airport and put it in my carry on and had no problems getting it on board the ship. I saw people with cases of soda and water but I thought that was a bit extreme.

It doesn't matter what you thought. It only matters what Carnival thought. Perhaps they were a large party with several cabins. Cruisers should only be concerned w/ what they take aboard!!!!:p

We use just a regular carryon with wheels. We have them empty the refrig for the soda or beer and your room steward will get you ice when you want it. We use the carryon to bring home what we have bought. Any leftover unopened beer, or wine goes to our steward. They have their parties too! :)

Ok here's my situation: We are cruising on Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans, we live 2 hours away so we are driving in. I like to drink Smirnoff Ice and I've heard that they aren't available on board. I'm thinking of taking a 12 pack on board. Now from what you guys are saying I should pack this in my luggage to be checked, not on a carryon. I was also thinking about taking a small rolling ice chest with my beer/coke/water, will this be a problem? Any responses will be greatly appreciated!!!

"Limited Quantities", "Small Amounts", "Reasonable Quantities" etc. will be defined by the cruise line when you board. That is their prerogative and those who "push the envelope" will find their "unreasonable quantities" confiscated. That is seemingly what caused Carnival to contemplate a complete ban; those who thought that "a couple cases each" was a "reasonable" amount. I would think that a six-pack of your favorite beverage would be a reasonable amount but that's only my opinion. You and only you must decide what "reasonable", "limited" and "small" mean and hope that Carnival agrees with you. They give a hint when they limit wine to one bottle per person. In the end, you must decide. 18 days till our Carnival cruise and we're bringing two bottles of wine and a six-pack of Corona for the two of us. Seems "reasonable" to me. Bon Voyage to all!;)

Archived