Just A Thought

Cruznboy

Years back I was in a few...cocktail parties & because of personal relationships....interesting & fun to get to kno these men upclose in their "home".

Some of the most fun times were also in the Ward Room.....talk about seeing someone let their hair down.....its hard to believe these officers actually got up the next day & went to work - looking so good!!!

...but not for that.

On the MSC Armonia last October, my traveling companions (3 females)and I were seated at the table that was situated next to the Captain's table. Each night the captain passed by us and we said hello. On the last day of the crusie we received invitations to join him at his table.

Long story to short, we dined and drank champagne with the captain and top officers. A completely straight (all married, but away from the Mrs.) it did not hurt to have flirtatious girls as traveling companions. We were invited to tour the bridge and then welcomed to visit the Captain's Cabin (to the ovious surprise of the senior officers). We visited for about 30 minutes and then excused ourselves.

The next morning, we received a call in our cabin from the Captain. He apologized that we would be delayed in our arrival in Venice due to the closure of the port. The fog was so thick you could not see across the lido deck. He invited us to join him in his cabin for coffee. So off we went. Another nice visit and conversation.

I guess the reason for this thread is to learn about the Captain's Cabin. So here goes. It was the closest cabin to the bridge and was abot 2.5 times the size of our cabin. A seperate bedroom area and then a lounge/workspace with desk. It was nice but not something super spectacular other than the novelty in knowing that few passengers ever walked into this room.

Anyway, a unique experience that I doubt will ever occur again. So I will hold onto the memories. But I admit, that any indication that the captain on a future cruise is 'family' I won't hesitate to turn on the flirting. Why not...I might just get an invite for coffee.

But I admit, that any indication that the captain on a future cruise is 'family' I won't hesitate to turn on the flirting. Why not...I might just get an invite for coffee.

Royal Caribbean's new captain of the Monarch looks like family for sure, but I don't think flirting would get you anywhere, sweetie. ;)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2058

I was on the old NiewAmsterdam....the captain would be out on deck in a HOT PINK bikini....let me tell you he looked hot in it and could fill that speedo out. Definetly family.

I was wondering if anyone has ever been in the Capitans quarters on a cruise ship. If so why were you in there?

Once, on the QE2 for his private reception. It was interesting to see but not something I'd rush back to.

Some of the most fun times were also in the Ward Room

Now the Ward Room is a much more relaxed place to be (and the drinks are much larger:) )

I was on the old NiewAmsterdam....the captain would be out on deck in a HOT PINK bikini....let me tell you he looked hot in it and could fill that speedo out. Definetly family.

Sounds like the one that was on the Volendam a few years back. A real hottie.

Archived