Looking for things to do in Ensenada

kermite

Please forgive me if there's another post like this. This is my 1st post along w/ my 1st cruise. We've booked the Monarch of the Seas on 12/03/07. I was looking to find some ideas for things to do in Ensenada. Is horseback riding on the beach popular? Anything else fun?

I think we have San Diego and Catalina covered but if you have any thoughts on these places as well, please feel free to give them. I would love any ideas.

Thanks!

kermite, welcome to Cruise Critic and the Mexican Riviera forum. There are several threads from the past month alone regarding Ensenada. Click on "Search" toward the top, right corner of the page and then type in Ensenada in the subject and do a search in the "Mexican Riviera" forum. It will pull up numerous threads.

I have done the wine tour and La Boufadora (blow hole) and enjoyed both. You will LOVE the Monarch. The crew and service are outstanding! Good luck with your search.

I too have been on the Monarch of the Seas. When we stopped in Ensenada, we ended up going on the winery tour that was offered by the ship. It was a lot of fun, pretty informal as far as wine tastings go (we tried a lot of tequila too), and the tour guide was great! He even stopped the bus at a liquor store so everyone could pool in some money and get a bunch of beer for the ride back to the port. We then had the option to get dropped off in downtown for shopping which we did. All in all, it was a pretty fun excursion and I would recommend it!

• 4 weeks later...
I too have been on the Monarch of the Seas. When we stopped in Ensenada, we ended up going on the winery tour that was offered by the ship. It was a lot of fun, pretty informal as far as wine tastings go (we tried a lot of tequila too), and the tour guide was great! He even stopped the bus at a liquor store so everyone could pool in some money and get a bunch of beer for the ride back to the port. We then had the option to get dropped off in downtown for shopping which we did. All in all, it was a pretty fun excursion and I would recommend it!

I was going to suggest the wine tour as well. Did this several years ago with my daughter. The wine was pretty good, the tour relaxing and well worth the price.

Nita

Archived