Carnival Stock

rlkubi

They do seem to be making it much more difficult to get the OBC, depending upon how big of discount you got... it is also a benefit that is approved on an annual basis and could be eliminated at any time.

Unfortuneately for you, the stock is running close to it's annual high, it has ranged between $36-$52 in the last year and is currently around $48. If you buy for the short term, you have a potential to lose much more than the $100 obc. If you want to buy for the long haul and benefit from obc as well as dividends and potential long term gains, then go for it.

There are no guarantees, every time the stock drops down, we get all the "stock is tumbling - sky is falling posts" on this site, but you never hear a peep out of those clowns when it is running where it has been for months...

We bought 100 shares when stock prices lower a few years ago. The OBC is a nice plus that we have enjoyed since then. It's true that this benefit is reviewed and approved annually, but that is voted on by the stockholders (ie: those of us getting the OBCs)!;)

If you plan to do a lot of cruising with Carnival or any of it's lines, the OBC it's great. We have gotten it every time on Carnival & Costa, however we had a problem with HAL. We booked a 14 day cruise and were refused the credit because they said we had already gotten too big a discount. I really don't understand how they could do that, but we did not get the credit. We purchased 100 shares JUST for the OBC. It has more than paid off even if the stock sinks to $10 a share. We have got our money's worth out of owning it.

I think if you cruise alot with Carnival you should definitely buy some stocks, at least 100 shares. We get $100 OBC on all our cruises easily with no problem. We may have gotten $200 OBC for our 12 day cruise, not sure.

Thanks for bringing up Carnival Stocks which reminds me to call and get our OBC for next cruise. We have owned CS's for many years and it has been well worth it.:D

We have had it for awhile and have never had a problem betting our OBC.

We will have cruised 5 times in a 12 month period from October - Sept 2007, so it has been a nice little bonus.

I have owned it since 2001 - NEVER (I mean NEVER!) had a problem getting the OBC. Bought the stock at $17 and change - now near $48

The best part is that the OBC has always been confirmed on my docs ahead of the cruise!

Those $100 benefits add up when you cruise often!

Much to her chagrin, I had my broker purchase 100 shares for my rollover IRA. Our $50 credit for our upcoming 5 day cruise is already showing up on the Edocs. I plan to just leave it in my IRA and reap the benefits. Plus, my wife goes platinum on this cruise, so we are double dipping, you might say.

I hope all do great using the stock, and nobody has problems using it, it has been a great investment and a great sailing bonus!!! Hopefully it is a benefit that they will continue to offer.

Happy cruising to all!

Archived