Need tour guide-kid (and teen) friendly

4ever

I see many choices for touring Ocho Rios with tour guides Can anyone recommend someone who might be extra good with the kids, we have a 6yr old daughter and boys 13 and 14-We'd love someone easy going with a great sense of humor,they'll have to deal with my family after all;) We want to do Dunn's River Falls, tubing, and a few beautiful sights probably- Anyone have any suggestions as to who might suit us well??

We used Lewis McBeam for our tour and had a ball. We had two-sixteen year olds with us who had no desire to be cooped-up on a tour for the morning, but Lewis made it fun. He's (and Ionie) such a hoot! He had our kids laughing and having a good time, which allowed us all to have a good time! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just came back from the VOS 8/27 and we had Trevor Hudlin. We have three boys 18, 15 and 13. One of them wanted to climb to get a coconut and Trevor stopped at a small roadside stand to buy one and showed them how to open it. He explained a lot of the history and agriculture of the country. I can not say enough about him. He was the greatest guide; the boys still talk about the fun they had with him. This is the web site...

http://www34.brinkster.com/trevhudlintours/default.html

The children and teens on our tour all enjoyed Phil Lafayette. He is so personable and really takes the time to make one comfortable. He is also very funny; it was almost like listening to a stand-up comedian sometimes.

I really felt that he did a great job making the tour interesting and informative for the both adults and kids. Just when the kids began to be squirmy from listening, he would have a stop to look at something.

Highly recommend him!

We went with Trevor Hudlin on August 24th. Or group had 6 kids in it (3,9,10,14,16 and 18). Trevor made it fun. He had us singing, telling stories and talking about the history of his island. We did Dunns River Falls, the beach, grocery shopping and Margaritaville. If you would ask our kids, they would tell you that they all had a blast. In large part because of Trevor.

Archived