M/S Andrea-Has Anybody Been To Antartica On This Ship

Texas1938

• 3 weeks later...

Texas, are you booked on a trip on the Andrea? We are booked for a Jan 2008 trip, and checked out the ship thoroughly (we hope!). It's owned by a small company (Elegant Cruises) and cruises northern Europe except for Jan-March when it's in Antarctica. It looks like most cabins are outside rooms with private facilities. Almost all are separate beds. This ship is a bit more upscale than the research ships and icebreakers. We contacted Elegant Cruises directly to ask about specific cabins. 1-800-683-6767.

Antarctica is becoming popular. Most ships are booked already for the 2007-08 season or close to it. Try to stick with the smaller ships -- no more than 100 passengers -- since there is an agreed limit of 100 per landing.

I am not booked yet but hope to go in November. I plan to go with Grand Circle or their small group section which is OAT. I believe they are going to charter the entire ship for Nov and Dec. Thanks for the number to call. When they called did they give you any hints on whch cabins within a price range might be the best.

Thanks

Texas1938

Archived