Princess Bedding

southbayer

Folks, since I reduced this interesting thread to the level of smuttiness, I have to share with you the best euphemism for sex I have ever read. By General Bernard Montgomery, who allowed you yanks to help him win WWII in Africa and Europe :D (he was Patton's boss). His Division in 1939, facing the hun invasion of the low countries, was suffering significant casualties through diseases of the brothel-related kind. In counselling his troops against nocturnal activities of an unprotected nature, he described it as "horizontal refreshment".

Isn't that fab? :D

xx

Incidentally, our brief sojourn on the Sea Princess was very comfortable. The mattrass held up very well, although DW professed to a certain level of fatigue come dawn chorus. I advised her that waiting up all night for something interesting to happen is always a bad idea.

The bedding on the Crown was better than my bed at home. It was the most comfortable bed I ever had on a cruise.

We had requested egg crates before our cruise, they weren't on the bed when we got there and we sure didn't need them. But it may depend on the ship - if it hasn't had the bedding upgraded, you may need an egg crate.

:o

Speaking of bedding, do the regular cabins have the duvets now (like the mini suites do) in particular the Star?

I was on the Star in Jan/Feb this year. We had an oceanview room with brand new duvet bedding. The mattress was not the greatest (I could feel the springs through the bedding). I just asked for another sheet put on the bed. Didn't really help but any day at sea is infinitely better than a day at home - bad mattress included. :D

now have a seperate suitcase for a king size feather bed and i lug it everywere we go when iam not home on my own memory foam mattress ,so we bought one of those huge cheap suitcases on wheels thats like 3 .5 feet tall in orlando a few years ago and we have a feather bed in there and it goes to orlando with me since we live in south florida i just throw it in the back of my honda odyssey or when we cruise once a year we take it along because on my honey moon the matress was so bad i had back and neck pain all week and it only made me drink more and be miserable so we cured that problem ------Now iam one in a thousand that has the brass ones to do this and the funny thing is we have the best dam bed on the ship-----Some women take more clothes and shoes that they dont even use so i guess iam the one laughing at the end ,you need to be very motivated to do this though------It also prevents any germs that maybe lingering on a mattress that hundreds have slept on and we seperate ourselfs as far away from the mattress as possible with clean sheets and blankets we get extra from the stewart and the wife fixes it up real good and we move the room around to our liking

Archived