Diving in Key West using Get Wet Inc.

Badgirl18

I do, I booked a trip with them and dove in Key West about a 3 weeks ago. Get Wet / Discount Key West is a 3rd party reservation booking company. The actual company you will dive with will be Captains Corner. You can book through eithor for the same price. They have 2 daily trips, one that leaves a little after 9 and then 1 that leaves by 1:30. It is about a 10 min walk from where cruise ship dock. The boat is large and they have divers and snorkelers on the same trip which is good for families. When we went, we had about 10-12 divers and a bunch of snorkelers. The equipment seemed to be in good shape and clean, the boat was large and comfortable. They go to 2 shallow reefs about 30-40 min from shore. The dives were only about 30-35ft but you get about an hour of bottom time at each spot. The vis was about 50' when we were there.

I've called captain corner and got some information, but I was told that the diving tour starts about 9:30. we have to be there about 8:00 am and will return at 1:30 that's cutting it pretty close to the ship leaving at 2:pm is this possible that we can dive and be back on the ship on time? I really want to dive but not if the boat will leave us behind if were late.

They should get back to the marina by about 1. Their afternoon trip leaves at 1:30 so they will be back no later than a few minutes after 1 or so. They are less than 10 min from the cruise ship dock (providing you dock at the pier right next to mallory square).

This will be our first time diving and have no prior experience. Will there be any kind of practice before actually going diving? Will we all go together in one trip? Or make the 2 reef dive shorter for the non experience.

badgirl18

check out our thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44189&page=7&pp=25

we are all sailing on the same ship...we areg etting our own meet n mingle together since the ship only puts one on that is a 7 day or longer cruise.

we will be meeting:

'Meet and Mingle' at sail away, deck 10, by the pool, dockside!!

The dive boat leaves sometime between 9 and 9:30am. If you are snorkleing or have your c-card you can get there at 9 and be fine. If you are doing the discover course, they will want you there about 8 so you can do the classroom / pool training before the dive boat leaves. Once you do that and get on the dive boat, you do the same dives as the people who are already certified.

Hello Giggles72

Thanks for the invitation for the meet and mingle. How those this work? Ii tried to get into the website you provided but, was having problems. Could you give me some details. We sail on the 13th of Sept. Is everyone going to meet on deck 10 by the pool? and at what time? Well be there

Badgirl18

Badgirl18:

My sister and I are on the Enchantment on the 13th as well. If you go to the Roll Call section under Royal Carribean, you should find the Enchantment Sept. 13th thread. RCCI plans meet and mingles for cruises of 7 days or more...however, since this one is only 5 days, we planned our own. We are meeting on deck 10 by the pool on the dockside during the sail away party...think we sail at 5 p.m. or so, so we should be up there for a while drinking and saying good by to Ft. Lauderdale. Hope you can join us.

April

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Giggles1972

Problem solved with my computer. I finally went into your thread and read a little bit about everyone that will be on the ship, and you girls sound like a blast. I'm not often on line but when i get a chance I love to read the boards. I'm new to all of this so be patient with me. So your from Champange IL, I'm from Chicago and will be leaving out of Ohare on Monday the 13th early in the morning. My sister and I will meet you all on the ship. We too are counting the days till we leave. I'm so excited. hope the weather agrees with us. Congrats on your weight lost hope your diet is gong well.

Only 12 more days till we sail.

I do, I booked a trip with them and dove in Key West about a 3 weeks ago. Get Wet / Discount Key West is a 3rd party reservation booking company. The actual company you will dive with will be Captains Corner. You can book through eithor for the same price. They have 2 daily trips, one that leaves a little after 9 and then 1 that leaves by 1:30. It is about a 10 min walk from where cruise ship dock. The boat is large and they have divers and snorkelers on the same trip which is good for families. When we went, we had about 10-12 divers and a bunch of snorkelers. The equipment seemed to be in good shape and clean, the boat was large and comfortable. They go to 2 shallow reefs about 30-40 min from shore. The dives were only about 30-35ft but you get about an hour of bottom time at each spot. The vis was about 50' when we were there.

How is the diving at Key West compared to Cozumel & Cayman?

The diving was ok in Key West but it wasn't close to Cozumel or Roatan. Vis was about 50ft when I was there, water temps were mid 80s. There were a fair amount of fish but didn't see anything other than fish. Now keep in mind, I was on a cattle ship catering to cruise ships people. Over all the trip was pretty good but I am sure you could find much better diving if you were staying in the area for a few days.

Archived