Balcony doors with porthole size windows?

primetimegirl

I am planning a trip to Hawaii in May 08 with NCL. Am I seeing right or are the pictures of the cabins not right. It looks like on some of the ships the balcony room doors only have a porthole size window. Is this correct? If so, why would they do this, why not full view glass doors? I really like to see outside when I am in the cabin. If the porthole doors are what they have, which ship has full view doors. I definitely want a full view!

:) Not to worry....the balcony doors have floor to ceiling windows. It's just great having a balcony to kick back and enjoy the weather at any time.

Lenken

Pride of America 2005

Pride of Hawaii 2007

primetimegirl- I noticed you asked this question on the NCL board, I also asked it a couple of days ago. The response I got made the most sense because I have seen the pictures you are talking about and was wondering the same thing. I was told that there are two doors that go out to the balcony and the sliding door is floor to ceiling glass, the door that doen't move is white with "porthole" window in it. This is in regards to the Pride of Aloha only.

Someone mentioned that it shouldn't matter because you will be out on the balcony, but I disagree when inside sitting on the couch or the bed I like to look out. You can't do that with those white doors!:rolleyes:

I am planning a trip to Hawaii in May 08 with NCL. Am I seeing right or are the pictures of the cabins not right. It looks like on some of the ships the balcony room doors only have a porthole size window. Is this correct? If so, why would they do this, why not full view glass doors? I really like to see outside when I am in the cabin. If the porthole doors are what they have, which ship has full view doors. I definitely want a full view!

Related to this... note that some of the actual balconies (once you are past the door) have a round metal frame around them... sort of like a giant porthole. These are for the balconies that are closest to the front and back of the ship. It doesn't really affect your view when you're out on the balcony, but it makes the balcony feel a little less inviting. It's hard to explain, but if you look at a picture of the ship, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Related to this... note that some of the actual balconies (once you are past the door) have a round metal frame around them... sort of like a giant porthole. These are for the balconies that are closest to the front and back of the ship. It doesn't really affect your view when you're out on the balcony, but it makes the balcony feel a little less inviting. It's hard to explain, but if you look at a picture of the ship, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Those are the framed balconies, is that the correct term? I remember reading about them and was concerned when we originally booked the BE GTY on PoH last year. I even started checking around and marked the areas on PoH with the framed balconies. I know some people actually like them because they are more protected and maybe more private, but for us, the bigger the view, the better. I'm disappointed about the balcony doors on PoAl, but any balcony is better than none, IMO.

beachchick

Archived