Roll Call/Info for Rome to Athens on Spirit 9/1-9/7

galvino272

I am a first time Seabourn Cruiser and will be enjoying what I hope will be a wonderful cruise frome Rome to Athens in September. Is anyone else here on this cruise with us, and can anyone offer me some good information on our ports of call (things to do, tours vs exploring on our own)? The few cruises I have been on in the past (river cruises in Russia and eastern Germany) had the excursions included, so I never needed to decide whether or not to participate- I just went with the group! If anyone can tell me which ports are better with a Seabourn excursion, and which are better self-guided, I would appreciate it. I sure wish I was going on a longer jaunt, because reading these boards makes me want to do this all the time!

• 1 month later...

As you will be embarking, we will be disembarking after a 14 day Athens to Rome. We are in the process of deciding on excursions with; Seabourn, which does a nice job everytime we have taken them, or on our own with a private guide, or nothing but just us. What helped us decide was to go to the 'ports' section of CC, go to Mediterrean, type in your search i.e. Almalfi and you will find a wealth of infomration on the various ports. Good luck. You will love your Seabourn cruise. Enjoy, enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My husband and I will be joining you on this cruise. We have sailed on Seabourn several times and are looking forward to another fabulous voyage. We will be staying in Rome for 2 nights prior to the cruise. Are you staying in Rome prior to departure? Have you made arrangements for transportation to the ship? We have not prebooked any excursions. We usually wait until we are on the ship. Looking forward to meeting you.

Archived