ordering booze

Vanilla

On the Princess website I see you can order Rum that comes with a coke product. When you get to the ship, can you order the Rum without the coke product? I like my rum mixed in juice - the breakfast variety. On the Princess website it lists the 375 oz bottle and I figure that is the size I can order from room service also.

On the Princess website I see you can order Rum that comes with a coke product. When you get to the ship, can you order the Rum without the coke product? I like my rum mixed in juice - the breakfast variety. On the Princess website it lists the 375 oz bottle and I figure that is the size I can order from room service also.

It comes only in packages with the soda mixers, you can order it once onboard. Only problem will be you can not substitue juice for the sodas that come with the package.

Was it really 375oz??? That is 3 gallons :eek: where does one store that?

opps.. i missed that typo also (or maybe it was wishful thinking:eek: ) . OK so I can only order the booze package once? (that is something I didn't know). What if I have it ordered precruise to be in the room, can I then order it again once I get on the cruise? What if I want a different booze package - I can order only one? Or can I order the vodka and the rum packages? Thanks for the info.

As far as I know, there isn't a limit on the number of packages you can order either before you board or through room service. As long as you are willing to pay their price that is. ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to make my other post sound like you can only order it once. What I meant it to mean was ONCE YOU ARE ONBOARD, not ordering it only once.

We drink bourbon with water and ice. I could not order without the mixes. So when we disembarked we left six cans of mixes.

Pretty stupid policy.:D

It is a very silly policy.

And I really don't understand why they are doing this at all.

First few cruises I did you could order a litre of whatever spirit brand you wanted.

This was good.

Now all you see is thread after thread about bringing Smuggling booze on the ship.

This is all down to Princess. They are forcing you to bring your own on even though it's not allowed.

I hope Princess take a look at what they have done and decide to change the way they are doing this.

It makes no sence at all.

375ml package, at $20.

Or go to a shop or Duty free on your way to the ship and with $20 you can have a Ltr or 2.

Mmmmm now which shall I do?

Kezz

kezz-I tend to look at it another way. Although I am not happy that they have now limited the brands and sizes, at least you can still get a bottle onboard for in cabin consumption. Most of the other cruise lines have stopped this practice and do not allow it. I personally don't think it will be long until Princess follows suit and doesn't allow it either.

So, enjoy it while you can, I would guess that the time will be here soon where this is not longer offered on Princess and they will do away with it as other lines have. Because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ honey!

kezz-I tend to look at it another way. Although I am not happy that they have now limited the brands and sizes, at least you can still get a bottle onboard for in cabin consumption. Most of the other cruise lines have stopped this practice and do not allow it. I personally don't think it will be long until Princess follows suit and doesn't allow it either.

So, enjoy it while you can, I would guess that the time will be here soon where this is not longer offered on Princess and they will do away with it as other lines have. Because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ honey!

You're probably right. The irony is that when they did sell liters either onboard or as gifts was that Princess took away the need to smuggle a liter of this or that onboard. This largely is not a "spring break" crowd onboard. I, and I think most people, would gladly pay a 20% premium to not mess with the hassle of carrying booze onboard. I understand they need revenue from alcohol sales, and preferrably mixed drinks. What they dont seem to get is that most of us bring a liter or two onboard to have a drink or two in our stateroom. When we are out and about on the ship we're still buying mixed drinks.

You're probably right. The irony is that when they did sell liters either onboard or as gifts was that Princess took away the need to smuggle a liter of this or that onboard. This largely is not a "spring break" crowd onboard. I, and I think most people, would gladly pay a 20% premium to not mess with the hassle of carrying booze onboard. I understand they need revenue from alcohol sales, and preferrably mixed drinks. What they dont seem to get is that most of us bring a liter or two onboard to have a drink or two in our stateroom. When we are out and about on the ship we're still buying mixed drinks.

Absolutely! I'm going to have a couple of drinks in my cabin and would be more than willing to pay a REASONABLE premium and get it from Princess - very short sighted policy

all the major cruise lines charge too much for a bottle for the cabin and they just look the other way when you bring your own in the suitcases. 2 years ago I was able to order a ltr of Stoli from room service on the Diamond for $20US against $9.995 in DFS. Felt the that was a fair price for the convenience but not $50+. As far as juice mixers, take a few 1/2 ltr bottles of water on board and fill them w/punch mix at Horizon station and take them to the room fridge.

all the major cruise lines charge too much for a bottle for the cabin and they just look the other way when you bring your own in the suitcases. 2 years ago I was able to order a ltr of Stoli from room service on the Diamond for $20US against $9.995 in DFS. Felt the that was a fair price for the convenience but not $50+. As far as juice mixers, take a few 1/2 ltr bottles of water on board and fill them w/punch mix at Horizon station and take them to the room fridge.

2 years ago we paid about $21 for a ltr of Beefeater from Princess. The local price at that time was about $18....and Minnesota has high taxation rates (built into the price) for alcohol, so it was likely more expensive here than in most other states. We were happy to pay the premium because the convenience was well worth it. Would have even paid a little more and it wouldnt have affected my on ship purchases.

With more and more Balconys, nothing is better while your getting ready to head out for the night than to have a tipple and watch the sea go by.

I've never had any trouble bringing spirits on board (touch Wood) but since they took away being able to order a ltr of spirits I feel forced into it.

Ok I inderstand they still do the small bottles, but isn't this just being petty.

If they can do 375ml bottles why can't they do 1 Ltr bottles.

To me it just seems petty.

We like a bacardi for Me, a Vodka for my M8 and a Baileys between us.

Our bar bill does not suffer. So knowone is loosing out.

I just wish I didn't feel like a criminal (Pirate) smuggling liquer onto the ship, Lol.

If they do decide to stop gifts of spirits altogether will they start doing cabin sweeps searching out illegal booze, Ha ha ha.

Kezz

Good topic

Archived