Booking # doesn't work on website

madelinerose

I received my booking number from the TA today. When I went to "add my booking number" on the Carnival website, the response said it was invalid. :eek:

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I wait a while because maybe Carnival hasn't input my number? I have a guarantee and booked with a group, would that have anything to do with anything?

Thanks!

I received my booking number from the TA today. When I went to "add my booking number" on the Carnival website, the response said it was invalid. :eek:

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I wait a while because maybe Carnival hasn't input my number? I have a guarantee and booked with a group, would that have anything to do with anything?

Thanks!

I have the same problem and we aren't booked as a group. :rolleyes: When I emailed them I got the standard reply eveyrone gets, "We are in the process of upgrading our website..."

The other problem I've run into is that it only allows one Carnival Past Cruiser Number per email address. :mad:

What do others do who have two or more cruisers in the house? Use Hotmail or Yahoo addy's for each additional cruiser? :confused: :confused:

Belvedere - I agree that they still have way too many glitches in their system. According to Carnival's website, if you are not booked with a group, you should be able to add your booking number to their website, provided that the following information on the booking exactly matches the information in your login at carnival.com:

Guest's last name

Booking #

Ship

Sail date

Now I know that Carnival doesn't say that the guest's first name also has to match, but I had a problem listing my CTN on their site and after I changed the first name for my carnival.com login from my hubby's name to mine then I was able to add the reservation without a problem. And remember that they have to be spelled exactly the same, so if there is a typo on your reservation then you will have a problem too.

You do not have to be booked directly with Carnival to be able to add your reservation onto their website. However, you cannot add your booking number if it is part of a group booking. Here is a link to the faq's part of their website that addresses this question.

Debbie, thanks. But, how do I register and apply for the Fun Pass? :confused:

ginag - The website says you can't register a group number. I booked the cruise over a year ago.. I have never cruised and had no idea that I was booking a group cruise. I wanted to book a specific cabin number, but the TA said that I wouldn't be eligible for any upgrades if I did. Well, the cruise has been sold out for many many months. THEN, I discovered cruise critic. Boy, have I learned a lot since then! No more naivete, that's for sure! :)

Even though you can't add your group booking to Carnival's website, you can still do the funpass registration. Here is a link to that part of their site https://funpass.carnival.com/SignIn.aspx.

If the booking number you have does not work with the funpass system, call your t/a and ask them for your individual booking number. Group bookings are assigned one booking number for the entire group, plus individual booking numbers are assigned for each cabin. You must use the individual booking number in order to access the funpass registration.

I am able to view my CTN in October and sure would love to do the same with my cruise on the Miracle-- but since it is a group booking even though I have my own booking number--it wont allow me to see it. (sigh)

Belvedere - I agree that they still have way too many glitches in their system. According to Carnival's website, if you are not booked with a group, you should be able to add your booking number to their website, provided that the following information on the booking exactly matches the information in your login at carnival.com:

Guest's last name

Booking #

Ship

Sail date

Now I know that Carnival doesn't say that the guest's first name also has to match, but I had a problem listing my CTN on their site and after I changed the first name for my carnival.com login from my hubby's name to mine then I was able to add the reservation without a problem. And remember that they have to be spelled exactly the same, so if there is a typo on your reservation then you will have a problem too.

I'll try working with this tomorrow and may call the travel agency. Sometimes it's not worth the trouble but I'd love to be able to do the Fun Pass and have correct info in Carnival's system!

I'll try working with this tomorrow and may call the travel agency.

Do that! My TA explicitly stated to me "This is your Carnival booking #" before he also gave me the (different) agency booking number. He also explained that I'd have to the use the former number if I contacted Carnival directly. That's the one I've used to view info online.

My guess is your TA only gave you his in-house booking number.

When I tried using my booking # it kept telling me that the names were different. I called my ta and she checked and found out that between them and carnival my last name had been misspelled. It has been corrected and I can now use my booking #, but outside of the 8 weeks time frame. Just glad I tried it now and got it straightened out.

Karen ,I was having the same Problem. But I found out that my signin name was listed under Cathy and my Booking Info was listed under Catherine. Your name has to be exactly the same on both. middle initial and spelling different? I called them and spoke to someone connected with their website and they corrected it for me. Hope this helps..

Archived