Carnival Pride delayed 6/10/07

LisanRon

If its changed to 7pm, thats better than what I heard earlier. There's another thread on here about this.. last I heard, the ship was arriving in port at 3:30, and leaving at midnight. There's talk that the motor pod (?) went bad again..

I'm very sorry your cruise is delayed, even though its only by a few hours, I know that puts a damper on the beginning of your vacation. I'm going to be boarding the ship when you all return, on June 17th. I hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful, and without any further problems!

My family just got a call that the Carnival Pride is delayed tomorrow and will not be leaving until 7:00 pm. They will be giving a 50.00 shipboard credit per person. Has anyone heard why?

A friend of mine just got an email from another friend who is on the Pride with 14 other family members. She told her that there was a problem with 2 engines and the ship will not be getting back to port till Monday or Tuesday. I have not seen anything on the news, nor could I come up with anything on a google search, but it doesn't look good, from what I heard secondhand.

Thats so horrible. :eek: Not until Tuesday? It was bad enough that the June 10th passengers wouldn't be able to board until several hours later than expected.. But if the ship doesn't even get into port until a couple of days later, what happens to the next 2 cruise groups? I guess the June 10th sailing would get cancelled all together.. I can't imagine that they'd cut a 7 day cruise down to a 5 or so day one.. or that there would even be time to get down to the ports and back, unless they only did one. Has this happened before?

And what about the June 17th sailing, that I'm supposed to be on? Do you suppose that'll be cancelled as well, or will they be able to fix the engines in a day or two?

A friend of mine just got an email from another friend who is on the Pride with 14 other family members. She told her that there was a problem with 2 engines and the ship will not be getting back to port till Monday or Tuesday.

She's has eight engines, all of which generate electricity, all of which is available to all the ship's systems including the motors in each of the azipods.

As I recall, they require only about a quarter of the power.

Even without two engines, she should still have enough electricity to hit her service speed.

I can see a few hours delay, but not days.

Sounds like the OP heard from a friend who was e-mailed by a friend who heard from one of their 14 family members who talked to a steward from Indonesia who heard from an Indian crew member who heard one of the Italian engineers that two engines were broke.:D

It's all speculation folks (including my posts).

It's all speculation folks (including my posts).

I agree that it's speculation, and I can't understand why there is nothing available on a news search. I apologize if I alarmed anyone. All I know is what I heard, secondhand... I hope that all is well and no one misses their upcoming cruise. The Pride is a great ship!

I agree that it's speculation, and I can't understand why there is nothing available on a news search. I apologize if I alarmed anyone. All I know is what I heard, secondhand... I hope that all is well and no one misses their upcoming cruise. The Pride is a great ship!

Carnival has probably been able to keep this under their hat and the people affected on both cruises are probably too busy rearranging flights to clue in the newsies.

Besides, with LA in an all-Paris-Hilton-all-the-time mode the news media is probably too busy to get a crew down to the terminal to troll around for a loud-mouth to provide an irate sound byte.

But imagine the lead-ins if they did get wind of it: "LA bound cruise ship with dead engines narrowly avoids collision with iceberg. Thousands stranded and dying of thirst and hunger at the cruise terminal. Story at eleven."

But imagine the lead-ins if they did get wind of it: "LA bound cruise ship with dead engines narrowly avoids collision with iceberg. Thousands stranded and dying of thirst and hunger at the cruise terminal. Story at eleven."

LOL! I thought you you were going to say that one of Paris' relatives was on the cruise and threatening to sue Carnival for keeping them from seeing her while she's ill!

Archived