balcony question

Ricky Chan

Has anyone stayed at Diamond Princess's balcony cabin BC434 or any balcony cabin on Baja deck before?

I am wondering if these balconies have roof top so that there is some privacy. I know some balconies on Princess ships have no privacy at all.

Ricky

Baja balcony cabins are under cover but I would hesitate to call them "private" as those on the lower decks with balconies can stand at the railing of their balcony and look up at you. I would hesitate to do anything on my balcony that I wouldn't want to be seen doing in public.

I have stayed on Baja balconies on the Diamond and the Star, both the same. They are completely covered balconies. If you are sitting back on your chair the people below you can not look up and see you. No one can really see you if you are sitting down, unless they are in the room beside you and they lean over the partition and deliberately look onto your side. If you are standing up at the railing the people below in Caribe and Dolphin rooms can see you, but you can also see them! I prefer to be looking down on them than to be on Caribe or Dolphin and have people looking down on me. :o You'll have more than enough privacy sitting down...you just don't want to assume total privacy, as the previous poster mentioned.

Just returned last night from the Diamond B328. ( Port side) The above are correct. No one can see you from above, but standing the 2 decks below can look up at you. We did the Alaska southbound. During our cruise the wind was blowing from starboard to port. So we were protected from the wind most of the time.

Archived