Holiday Inn Exp or Extended Stay, FLL

logbook

Bequia, I have read a million of your posts and all your info in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Can you tell me why you would pick HIX? I know you know just about everything that is to know!!!

The only reason is because I take advantage of their customer loyalty program, you know, stay a few times get a free night.... They're both fine hotels for a night, clean, safe location, conveniant to the port, my choice would be based on price alone.

We stayed at the ESA for one night in Apr. and the hotel is fine. It is clean and kind of self serve, in that you bring your own luggage in and out. No problem, it is like pre-cruise exercise. We would stay there again and will I hope it will be in Dec. 2008.

We stayed at HIX in December and yes they do have a free airport shuttle. We used it 3 times, when we arrived the day before cruise and then to get back to hotel after ship cruise tour left us at the airport and then back to airport next morning to leave. They have a room to lock your luggage in so you can go eat, shop or whatever until your room is ready. We also used a shuttle arranged by the hotel that was $6 , I think that took us to the port. We parked right by the wire baggage bins, put luggage in and went to check in. We hope to stay at this hotel again in February.

Archived