Dive report Neptune Divers

sportsterjohn

I went diving with Neptune divers on 6/6. Neptune picks you up at Sea Grape beach at 9:00am. Be aware that during daylight savings time, your ship time may jump foward during your cruise. I was on the Liberty and the port times listed on CCLs website and on my docs were off by an hour due to time change. I went down to the lounge about 7:45 to make sure I got an early tender. No probem with that, I was on shore by about 8:15. There are a bunch of taxi's lined up in front of the terminal. The cost to get to sea grape is $5. I was at the bach by 8:30. A few minutes before 9, Casey picked me up in a van and we went to where their dive boat was docked, only a 5 min ride. Usually they drive the boat and pick you up in the boat at the beach, but sometimes they go to different dive sites so they leave from a marina. The dive boat was small, only 8 divers max and 2 guides. Plenty of room on it though to move around and store gear. Keith and one other staff member dove with us. Casey did not dive with us this time. The rental eq was in good shape, no one had any equipment issues and things looked to be in good repair. One note, bring a snack, they did have water but that was all. There was some fruit going around but I don't know if Neptune provided it or another diver. The first dive site was called Robert's wall. It was about a 10-15 min ride from the marina. The seas were choppy and one girl got sick but everyone else was ok. We dropped down about 50' to the top of a reef. We then went through this long swimthrough / tunnel through the reef and down and popped out at about 100' deep. I enjoyed it but someone who did not like confined spaces would have issues with it. The reef was is good shape and we saw a lot of fish and coral formations. We were also the only dive boat in this area. Did not see anything big though, only 1 Moray eel. Keith guided the dive but you did not have to follow him if you did not want to. Bottom time was 25 min. After everyone was back up, we headed over to the other dive site called Eagle Ray pass. It was pretty close to the sandbar where people do the sting ray feed / snorkle. After our surface interval we did our 2nd dive. This was also a wall but we stayed near the top, 60'max depth. We were down for about 35 min this time. I saw a turtle and for a while, a pair of spotted rays swam along with us. Like the first dive, you had the choice of staying with the guides or doing your own thing. The air temp was about 84 and the water temp seemed about the same. I used just a dive skin and stayed warm. As usual in GC, visability was great, I estimate that it was 100'+. After the dive, Casey drove me back to sea grape and I caught a taxi back to town. Overall, it was a very nice dive trip and I have no problem recommending them to anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived