Rooms on Coral Princess

Kiwi11

I can honestly say that the balcony we had on our Alaska cruise on the Coral was money well spent. We were in a minisuite on Caribe. Worth every penny. CruisinAgain is correct about leaving the TV on and listening to the naturalist lecture while going out on the balcony. At times, I went to the forward deck on Caribe to view as well.

If I do another Alaska cruise [who am I kidding--when I do another Alaska cruise!] I will definitely get a balcony if traveling with someone. If traveling solo, I would book a forward inside cabin on Baja or Caribe and spend most of my time on the forward decks.

We are sailing on the Coral 12/10/07 round trip partial transt of the Canal. We are in the B503 bump out mini-suite and Princess has designated it as an AA for this cruise. Interesting...

Also for those of you trying to decide on a cabin on the Coral or sister Island Princess, check out this very informative page. For photos, descriptions, pros and cons concerning cabin selection on these two ships go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

We are sailing on the Coral 12/10/07 round trip partial transt of the Canal. We are in the B503 bump out mini-suite and Princess has designated it as an AA for this cruise. Interesting...

Also for those of you trying to decide on a cabin on the Coral or sister Island Princess, check out this very informative page. For photos, descriptions, pros and cons concerning cabin selection on these two ships go to:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Okay, after looking at above pictures this is the same design of 4 Carnival ships that the Carnival people love and some Holland America ships. We stayed in a recessed in cabin right next to a bump out balcony before and hated that view. Could not see directly to the right and straight down were lifeboats.

I can see why so many Princess people love this design if it is close to the same on the interior because it holds fewer passengers and is layed out well. I would definitely not get a guarantee for a balcony on this type of layout due to those bump ins and outs. Definitely make sure you get a bump out. For the outsides and inside rooms, I would just check and see what is above and below and beside you and make sure you are cushioned for the noise of any dining or pool deck.

We just completed a cruise on the Coral Princess. Cruised inside passage from Whitter to Vancover, May 29 thru June 4 For us, the bump out balcony was worth the extra expense. Great views and some privacy. But there were equally as great views on the public deck areas, expecially the top, forwared deck areas.:)

We are looking at a Coral Princess cruise next summer and would like advice on which side of the ship to book a room. Should you book the side that will be toward land to see scenery or the open ocean side to see whales, etc or does it make a difference? :confused:

According to all I've learned from the AK forum over the last year for our upcoming trip, Port is the way to go if you have a balcony. :)

Well after reading all the above comments we've finally booked a room - port side, room D602 on Dolphin Deck - after all the fabulous responses, we decided to pay the extra for a mini suite with balcony. There doesnt appear to be bump outs on Dolphin Deck, and we were recommended this deck and position - can anyone agree or disagree that it's a good position?

Thank you to everyone for your much appreciated help!!! :D

Cruising Kiwis

Archived