Just booked parents on QM2 7/2/07 for their 50th anniversary!

4merlurker

Just booked my parents on a suprise 4 nighter on QM2 and I am embarressed to say that I really know nothing about the ship. :o They are in cabin 5188.

Can anyone give me a quick 411 on this ship? I've read some posts but haven't learned much :confused:

Thanks

~Connie

I would need to know what a "411" was. As a happily married man I am not going to agree to just anything.....

Matthew

Try telephoning 118 118 and asking if they know what the 411 number does in the US and Canada. If they don't, try 118 500, 118 888, etc.

Paul

... Can anyone give me a quick 411 on this ship? I've read some posts but haven't learned much :confused:

Thanks

~Connie

Try "Search this Forum" and read more posts. If the first hundred or so that you find don't answer your questions, post specific questions here.

Good luck,

Paul

Just booked my parents on a suprise 4 nighter on QM2 and I am embarressed to say that I really know nothing about the ship. :o They are in cabin 5188.

Can anyone give me a quick 411 on this ship? I've read some posts but haven't learned much :confused:

Thanks

~Connie

Connie, there is so much information about the QM2 on this forum. It just takes a little time. I have just moved a couple of the best reviews and a thread of hints to the first page so that you can easily find them. Look for Pepper's (pepperrn) and Penny's (patwell) reviews and the "What's Not to Miss on the QM2" thread. If you read all of that you will get a lot of great information. There are many threads about cabins, dress code, etc. If you have any specific questions, please ask. I'm sure your parents will have a wonderful voyage. What a lovely gift!

Beth

Connie, there is so much information about the QM2 on this forum. It just takes a little time. I have just moved a couple of the best reviews and a thread of hints to the first page so that you can easily find them. Look for Pepper's (pepperrn) and Penny's (patwell) reviews and the "What's Not to Miss on the QM2" thread. If you read all of that you will get a lot of great information. There are many threads about cabins, dress code, etc. If you have any specific questions, please ask. I'm sure your parents will have a wonderful voyage. What a lovely gift!

Beth

Thanks!!! I am off to read.....

~Connie

I would need to know what a "411" was. As a happily married man I am not going to agree to just anything.....

Matthew

<lol>

411 is the number you dial in the US for Information--to get a phone number. It is sometimes used euphemistically to mean, "please give me information on (fill in here)", or "what's going on?".

You may answer the OP whilst retaining the sanctity of your relationship with your wife...carry on! ;)

What a truly lovely thing to do for your parents for such a special occasion. Be sure to notify Cunard that this is such a big occasion and they'll acknowledge it.

Your parents are in for a special treat...this is truly a wonderful ship, elegant and gracious and the perfect place to celebrate anything!!!

Hope you enjoy our reviews....it will give you a sense of how some of us enjoyed our QM2 experiences and how addicted we have become to her!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

What a truly lovely thing to do for your parents for such a special occasion. Be sure to notify Cunard that this is such a big occasion and they'll acknowledge it.

Your parents are in for a special treat...this is truly a wonderful ship, elegant and gracious and the perfect place to celebrate anything!!!

Hope you enjoy our reviews....it will give you a sense of how some of us enjoyed our QM2 experiences and how addicted we have become to her!

Cheers, Penny

Thanks Penny! They are soooo excited! I did let Cunard know it was their anniversary and they said they would take care of them at dinner on the first sea day :)

This has probably been answered but I've read so much in the past 24 hours that my head is spinning:

Are there any restaurants onboard with a covercharge?

Thanks again!

~Connie

Todd English has a surcharge of 30 dollars per person, but is excellent.

BTW, it was our anniversary when we went. We got flowers, a printed card from the captain and crew (with a misplaced apostrophe, but I'm a rather sad pedant), a certificate and a bottle of 'champagne'. DH drank this, but he'll drink anything;).

Flowers and chapagne sound wonderful! Thanks Norfolk Brit for the info on Todd English!

Is that it for surcharges? Room service is included right? (although I've read that the menu is only so-so :confused: )

~Connie

Flowers and chapagne sound wonderful! Thanks Norfolk Brit for the info on Todd English!

Is that it for surcharges? Room service is included right? (although I've read that the menu is only so-so :confused: )

~Connie

To most of us British, room service is included, and if you are from Jersey in the Channel Islands that should include you;). However, our trans-Atlantic cousins often have other ideas and tip more readily.

Only tried room service a couple of times for breakfast; that was fine, and much quicker than hiking elsewhere. However, we soon cracked the lack- of-first-thing-in-the-morning-coffee problem, and had that delivered every day. Advise your parents to order two pots of coffee (or tea) and 2 jugs of milk, otherwise there tends to be a bit of a shortfall.

PS The other extras on our final bill were drinks (and only our bank manager knows how much they came to), anything from the onboard shops (not a lot), excursions and coffees at some of the bars. There is also extra to pay for internet connection (I stayed away due to an addiction to these boards - I did want to actually see the Med)

To most of us British, room service is included, and if you are from Jersey in the Channel Islands that should include you;). However, our trans-Atlantic cousins often have other ideas and tip more readily.

Only tried room service a couple of times for breakfast; that was fine, and much quicker than hiking elsewhere. However, we soon cracked the lack- of-first-thing-in-the-morning-coffee problem, and had that delivered every day. Advise your parents to order two pots of coffee (or tea) and 2 jugs of milk, otherwise there tends to be a bit of a shortfall.

Great tip about the coffee. I'll be sure to tell them. Do y0u think there will be 1 or 2 formal nights on this short cruise?

Sorry for all the questions - I keep going back and forth between this post and the members review board - so everytime I read something new I come up with more ????? LOL

~Connie

I'm guessing here but I'd think on a 4 day there will only be 1 formal and maybe 1 informal night...others who have done them will probably help here.

Room service every morning was one of the special hi-lites for me....the fruit plate was wonderful, danish and rolls very nice but the scrambled eggs were the worst thing I've ever seen...and eaten. Others didn't seem to mind them but I thought they were ghastly...the only bad food I had the whole time! But just to start the morning on my balcony with my tea was the biggest treat I could ask for. We did tip the room service waiter $2 each time.

Keep reading!! ;)

Cheers, Penny

LOL I am from New Jersey, USA :D I know we do tip differently here.

~Connie

Archived