Saw this topic on another thread

On the Victory, the white trash next to us were emptying their trash cans over the balcony and into the North Atlantic. I called the Purser so fast my DH didn't know what the he!! was going on....

Was visiting the RC threads and they had one about, "what is the one thing that another passenger has done that made you furious?" They had some pretty interesting stories, so I thought it might be fun to do it here on the Carnival threads. Anyone have any great stories to share?
Start threads that bring out only the negativity of cruising.....;)

On the Victory, the white trash next to us were emptying their trash cans over the balcony and into the North Atlantic. I called the Purser so fast my DH didn't know what the he!! was going on....

I'm not sure about cruise ships, though they must do the same as military ships. In the US Navy, we dump all our non hazardous waste (trash) overboard for the many months we are at sea. I'm not saying individuals should dump stuff from their balcony.

On our Destiny cruise last year, our balcony neighbors held parties on their balcony until wee hours of the morning every night. They were our age (50+) but obviously VERY drunk. The party usually started after 10 PM. It got old!

I'm not prone to fury. When people act ugly, I shake my head and pity them, because they don't know what I know. When you know better, you act better.

Also, before you judge the ones who don't say thanks: people in some segments of American society are trained not to thank servers/waiters. The server is not, according to this class, doing you a favor for which thanks are in order. The server is doing his job, for which you pay him. Now, the people of this class, who have servants in their home, probably don't sail Carnival very often. We working folks (whose boss "thanks" us with a paycheck) might say thanks to servers. A smile, a nod, an acknowledgement is the least we can do, imho.

Connie

I'm not sure about cruise ships, though they must do the same as military ships. In the US Navy, we dump all our non hazardous waste (trash) overboard for the many months we are at sea. I'm not saying individuals should dump stuff from their balcony.

this isn't a military ship. And it wasn't Carnival employees. It was low-class passengers who thought it was funny that their kids were throwing everything they could find into the ocean. If it was allowed, ship security wouldn't have been up knocking on their door less than 5 minutes after my phone call to the purser. I have my b!thcy moments (as most women do) but I took great joy in hearing the reaming they got from the ships' security personnel.

We were on the Destiny, seated at a table for 4, asked for 8.... Our companions were sooo different. Mormons from Texas, couldn't find a single thing in common.... then we found FOOTBALL.

Dinner had been a struggle, uncomfortable and I was SO excited to find common ground at last on day one... I said.... "Oh my God, I loved the game with X against X where.......happened..." The wife SLAMMED her hands down on the table and literally yelled... "you will NOT talk my lord of Gods name in vain as we sit at this feast!!!"

Looked at hubby, he nodded, we excused ourselves and walked out.... for those that would be offended... in my excitement I meant no offense and we had to just give it up here. They were a bit over the edge. :confused:

Sorry, but they were nuts

I am very laid back and easy going for the most part…but if someone cuts in front of me in line, rudely presses buttons on the elevator so the other people cant get on…or there are unruly kids running around and being out of control…..I don’t sit back I will open my mouth and tell them how I feel. I cant help it….I know its vacation and I need to relax..but sometimes people need a wake up call.

We were on the Destiny, seated at a table for 4, asked for 8.... Our companions were sooo different. Mormons from Texas, couldn't find a single thing in common.... then we found FOOTBALL.

Dinner had been a struggle, uncomfortable and I was SO excited to find common ground at last on day one... I said.... "Oh my God, I loved the game with X against X where.......happened..." The wife SLAMMED her hands down on the table and literally yelled... "you will NOT talk my lord of Gods name in vain as we sit at this feast!!!"

Looked at hubby, he nodded, we excused ourselves and walked out.... for those that would be offended... in my excitement I meant no offense and we had to just give it up here. They were a bit over the edge. :confused:

Wow -that IS nuts; I would have been in the same boat as you.

I've never been furious while on board, thank goodness, but I've never been able to forget one particular group of people, four of them, who were sitting at a table near the slide on the Sensation. I was sitting on the opposite side of the pool watching my 9 year old son swim. He got out of the pool on my side and asked if he could slide again. I told him yes, so he walked around the pool to the other side towards the slide. Well, he is about as graceful as I am (not at all :p ) and slipped, falling backwards and slamming his head onto the wood floor. I immediately got up to run over to where he was, but these people who were at the table RIGHT IN FRONT of where he fell never moved a muscle. Not to check on him or help him up or ask if he was ok, nothing. Just sat there and stared at him laying there until I got there, and then stared some more. Not a Good Samaritan in the bunch, apparently. Not really a big deal, and I wasn't furious about it, but it struck me as odd and kind of mean, and I haven't been able to forget it.

I am very laid back and easy going for the most part…but if someone cuts in front of me in line, rudely presses buttons on the elevator so the other people cant get on…or there are unruly kids running around and being out of control…..I don’t sit back I will open my mouth and tell them how I feel. I cant help it….I know its vacation and I need to relax..but sometimes people need a wake up call.

I have to agree with you on this. When I'm on a cruise, I'm not there to endure other people's stupidity. :eek:

Oh my God that was funny -- did I just say that?

It normally takes alot to get me upset, but there were 2 things on my Valor cruise that really bothered me. First, when we were at the midnight buffet my husband offered to get me something to eat (I was in a wheelchair and didn't have alot of room in the buffet area, I was afraid of running over people's toes) So I wheeled myself up to the 2ed floor so I could see everything and not be in the way. I was sitting near the stairs that go up to Roasies since they were blocked off and I thought I'd be out of the way. All of a sudden I felt something push my chair! It was a kid arround 10-12 who wanted to run down the stairs (that were blocked off!) so he decided to "move me" almost knocking me down the stairs!

The other thing were the people that every night pushed past me to get on the elevators. On our last night it took me almost 15 min to get down to dinner. When my husband tried to tell one of the people that we were waiting there first, a woman turned to me and said in this nasty voice "why should she get to go first? She's sitting down, let her wait!!" I was so frusterated I just started crying and almost didn't go to dinner. I don't know what's wrong with some people! It's not like I wanted to cut them in line or anything, I was there first and was going to be late for dinner since it was taking so long to get an elevator :(

It normally takes alot to get me upset, but there were 2 things on my Valor cruise that really bothered me. First, when we were at the midnight buffet my husband offered to get me something to eat (I was in a wheelchair and didn't have alot of room in the buffet area, I was afraid of running over people's toes) So I wheeled myself up to the 2ed floor so I could see everything and not be in the way. I was sitting near the stairs that go up to Roasies since they were blocked off and I thought I'd be out of the way. All of a sudden I felt something push my chair! It was a kid arround 10-12 who wanted to run down the stairs (that were blocked off!) so he decided to "move me" almost knocking me down the stairs!

The other thing were the people that every night pushed past me to get on the elevators. On our last night it took me almost 15 min to get down to dinner. When my husband tried to tell one of the people that we were waiting there first, a woman turned to me and said in this nasty voice "why should she get to go first? She's sitting down, let her wait!!" I was so frusterated I just started crying and almost didn't go to dinner. I don't know what's wrong with some people! It's not like I wanted to cut them in line or anything, I was there first and was going to be late for dinner since it was taking so long to get an elevator :(

Wow, this one truly shocked me. Just when you thought people couldn't be any more ignorant. Who raised these people?!

I'm always one to let other people on the elevator first. I'm 21 years old, it won't kill me to stand there and wait for the next elevator :D

One morning on our last cruise we were sat with some rude people. The sun was coming in the window as the curtains had not been closed. I sat in the seat on the end near the window. It started getting hot, so I said I was going to have the waiter close the window (the sun was in my face). The rude woman sitting next to me said "No you are not going to close those! We sat here because we were cold" If she was so cold, why didn't she sit in the sun!!! I picked up my coffee and my daughter's drink and moved to the empty seats at the other end of the table. I was furious.:mad:

While I was on the Liberty last year I saw a father feeding his young son in a highchair at the Lido Buffet area and when the child refused what the father was feeding him, the father slapped the poor child hard in the face. This was witnessed by a LOT of people and when the man was confronted about his abusive behavior, he told everyone to "**** off!...mind your own business" It angered many passengers and everyone felt bad for that poor child.

this is why we won't even try to sit with other people anymore :(

When we went to one of the Las Vegas styled shows, the lady sitting next to me kept signing out loud and moving her hands to the music. I think it was great that she was having a great time, but I wasn't there to listen to her or to be a punching bag.(Her hands kept hitting me every time she moved them)

Good for you!! I'd do the same.

I am normally pretty tolerant of things, but on one cruise a group of young boy’s shirtless and barefoot dripping wet jumped ahead of me in the buffet line. Overlooked that. Next the group of boys takes a milk carton, opens it and drinks out of the milk carton while standing there. Then they proceeded to put it back onto the milk line. I promptly let the server know about the various cartons in pack. I was more disgusted than anything.:eek:

The other thing that disgusted me was when a chair hog threatened me when I took a chair that had been vacant for 2 hours. I was quite visibly pregnant at the time. I actually had to go and find security. I stayed in the chair for over 3 hours and his wife never showed after all of that.:confused:

While I was on the Liberty last year I saw a father feeding his young son in a highchair at the Lido Buffet area and when the child refused what the father was feeding him, the father slapped the poor child hard in the face. This was witnessed by a LOT of people and when the man was confronted about his abusive behavior, he told everyone to "**** off!...mind your own business" It angered many passengers and everyone felt bad for that poor child.

This is child abuse! :eek: You could never get away with slapping another passenger or member of the crew on the ship, why wasn't security called on this man? He should have spent the cruise in the brig!

DH and I were on the Fantasy in May, it was our first cruise and our 10 yr anniversary. So we did not know what to expect. We encountered very rude people and we also came across some really nice people. My DH and I went up to the lido deck to get some sun, and there were no loungers that were together, and I asked this couple with a chair on each side of them empty if they would mind moving over one, and she was VERY NICE, Kudos to her. But on our excursion in Coz,it was not the same. We did the jeep/snorkel adventure and the guides asked that four people to a jeep(make friends) and so my husband asked the couple in front of us (which were on their honemoon and looked as though they came from a funeral) if it was just them two, the guy looked back very rudely and replied "yeah" and kept walking, so we just blew that off and kept walking, we got to the jeeps and everyone climbed in and guess what we got a jeep all to ourselves:p , it was our anniv. that day and we were so excited, that no one could have ruined it. Then when we got to the ruins sight, a young man was walking and stepped on a big piece of glass that went all the way through his shoe and to our surprise, no one stopped to to make sure he was ok, he was bleeding pretty bad and the guide did get the aid kit out, but he did not have water to rinse it, you could tell the young man was a little nervous, so my DH ran back to the jeep and rinsed off his foot and shoe. I could not believe it, I would want someone to help me if it was needed, I do believe in what goes around comes around,I was just shocked to see the rudeness of some people, we are all there to have fun and relax, and that is what we did. Oh by the way, we saw the young man on the last day of cruise and foot looked great, he said he was going to Dr when he gets home. I am already planning on going again, for we had a blast!!!!! All in all, Kill them with kindness!!!!!!!

I believe a number of passengers reported this incident to security but I don't know what the outcome was. I never saw the guy again for the rest of the cruise. I confronted this jerk myself and wanted to slap him silly...but that would have reduced me to his pathetic level.

Archived