Bacardi Rum Factory... on your own...

herb

I believe it's possible to visit Bacardi Rum Factory on your own using the public ferry in Old San Juan.

Anyone have any information regarding how far public ferry pier is located from cruise terminal; (we're on the Crown Princess in July)?

What is the cost of ferry ride?

When you arrive at destination is the factory right there or do you need to find additional transport?

How long is the ride over and about how long does it take to tour the facility?

Thanks for your help... :)

Herb,

DH and I will be in San Juan in Oct and were wondering the same thing. I have been doing alot of looking and apparently on your own is the way to go. THe tour is not of the actual distillery but kind of a museum and everythe I have red says it is free and you get 2 free drinks. So it will conly cost the transportation.

Rachel Ray just did an episode of "$40 a day" in San Juan, on the food network and visited there. It looked cool.

The ferry was around a dollar, then when you get to the on the other side you go to the right to the parking garage and get a taxi for $3/person to the factory, or you can go to the bus stop and take the bus. We opted for the taxi instead of waiting for the bus.

It’s a little walk from the terminal to the ferry – assuming you are docked in Old San Juan, but not bad and safe. We were on the Crown in March and it docked at pier 4 in old San Juan. You walk along the water keeping it on your left side after leaving the ship and you will come to the ferry. The factory tour is of course free, and they give you two tickets apiece for complimentary drinks – try the reserve---SMOOTH. This tour is very easy to do on your own with a round trip of ~$8 per person if you take the taxi and a lot less if you take the bus.

The ferry was around a dollar, then when you get to the on the other side you go to the right to the parking garage and get a taxi for $3/person to the factory, or you can go to the bus stop and take the bus. We opted for the taxi instead of waiting for the bus.

It’s a little walk from the terminal to the ferry – assuming you are docked in Old San Juan, but not bad and safe. We were on the Crown in March and it docked at pier 4 in old San Juan. You walk along the water keeping it on your left side after leaving the ship and you will come to the ferry. The factory tour is of course free, and they give you two tickets apiece for complimentary drinks – try the reserve---SMOOTH. This tour is very easy to do on your own with a round trip of ~$8 per person if you take the taxi and a lot less if you take the bus.

All the information I needed to know. Thanks so much for your help. Although my wife and I will do the Rainforest Tour, our daughter and her boyfriend would rather go to the Bacardi Factory... and it won't cost them that much.

Thanks Cactus....I just printed the info to take with us when we go on the Destiny in 11 days!

Let us know how it is!!! Hope you have a great time. You are down to the hardest 10 days!!!

Archived