How much are cruise pictures?

vesw01

The only one I know for sure is the 5x7, and it was $7.00. The only photo I buy every cruise is the one just prior to boarding - because it shows the port of embarkation and name of ship and date of sailing. Most folks have said the 8x10 is $19.95.

I was very upset by the way they do the photos onboard. All of the formal night photos that are taken on board the ship are printed into 8 x 10's. They are 20.00. Well - I did not want 8 x 10's so I asked if I could get a 5 x 7. They said "sure, but first you have to buy the 8 x 10 for $20.00 and then we'll print you a 5 x 7 for $7.00. I had picked out about 15 of the more than 25 pictures that were available to us, but I have no use for that many 8 x 10's and couldn't afford to play their game, so I came home with our welcome aboard photo (5 x 7) and 5 of the 8 x 10's (over $100.00). I sure hated walking away from all those pictures that are going to go into a trash can but they left me no choice. It seems that if they would print them to 5 x 7's they would sell more of them which would make up for the lower price, but no one asked me!! haha.

We bought two of our formal pictures and our welcome aboard picture and the other posters are right.....they only seem to print the formal pics in 8 x 10. Well, DH tried this on our second cruise and it worked....he took a picture of the picture. He did this with our digital camera so we wouldn't have to get it developed if it didn't turn out. We still bought some of the pictures so I didn't feel too bad about it.

I was very upset by the way they do the photos onboard. All of the formal night photos that are taken on board the ship are printed into 8 x 10's. They are 20.00. Well - I did not want 8 x 10's so I asked if I could get a 5 x 7. They said "sure, but first you have to buy the 8 x 10 for $20.00 and then we'll print you a 5 x 7 for $7.00. I had picked out about 15 of the more than 25 pictures that were available to us, but I have no use for that many 8 x 10's and couldn't afford to play their game, so I came home with our welcome aboard photo (5 x 7) and 5 of the 8 x 10's (over $100.00). I sure hated walking away from all those pictures that are going to go into a trash can but they left me no choice. It seems that if they would print them to 5 x 7's they would sell more of them which would make up for the lower price, but no one asked me!! haha.

My wife and I were very annoyed by this, too. We ended up not purchasing several pictures we would have if we wouldn't have had to buy the 8x10 as well. We did end up buying one 8x10 and having a 5x7 also printed because it was a pretty good picture, but we would have bought several other 5x7s if they didn't require us to purchase the 8x10 as well.

Archived